Chapter One

There was nothing and everything going on through my mind as I sat up in bed. Light music accompanied me in the background and the light from the streetlights blaring through my window. I gazed into the darkness; not focusing just staring as half formed thoughts came and went, happening too rapidly for me to concentrate. I remained this way for a long time as sleep eluded me. Somewhere down the street I heard a car start and the slight wind as it hummed down the street.

“Vroom vroom,” I quietly said smiling to myself.

Leaning towards the window I peered out wondering if anyone else was awake, seeing only dark houses I shifted my attention to the glittering sky and sighed in contentment at the moon. She was beautiful; the longer I stared the more magical she became.

Another noise caught my attention as a door slammed downstairs. Jumping from the bed I frowned as I quieted my breathing to hear well.

It was dead silent which deepened my frown, biting my lip I opened the door a crack wincing as the door creaked.

Staying silent I paused to listen. Nothing.

Swallowing I stepped out into the hallway placing each step carefully taking slow even breaths. Nearing my mother’s door I opened it quietly to see if she was there.

As I reached for her door, I spun around quickly at the sound of the bottom stair creaking. Before I could investigate I was pulled back, a hand cutting off my scream.

“It’s me,” My mother whispered as I dropped my fisted hands.

“Do you have any idea who’s in the house?” I asked straining to hear any further noises.

She shook her head, “Whoever it is sure knows how to make an entrance.”

 “Yeah, I think he’s searching for something…he’s coming up the stairs.” I whispered as I steadied my beating heart. Exhaling I released all my jitters and focused.

The stairs whined as the intruder came up to the second floor, five more steps and he would be at the bedroom door.

One…

Two…

Three…

Four…

Breathing deeply I opened the door swiftly…

Five…

All I registered after I threw the first punch was his significant height and the scream that pierced the night as my mother was grabbed from behind. I ducked the man’s swinging arm and tackled the man down and throttled his face knocking him out. Jumping up I sized up the man who held mother at gun point.

“She said you would be difficult to capture but I’m sure you wouldn’t want your mother’s head blown off. If you come along quietly then we can avoid the whole messy business.” The man grinned knowing he had won.

I stared at him impassively, my mind racing for a quick plan. None of them would succeed in this situation. I clenched my fists showing my frustration.

“If I go then she has to stay here, got it.”

He threw her down and aimed his gun at me, “Let’s go.”

Mother eyed me probingly; I shook my head slightly and let myself be handcuffed and led away.

Who were we kidding, we couldn’t hide forever. Her resigned voice filled my head.

At least know I can try to negotiate. I tried to cheer her up.

There is no negotiation with her. Her frustration was mutual.

Taking a deep breath I exited the house followed by the two men who shoved me roughly into the car that was waiting and we speeded off to the place I’ve tried to hide from the past six years.

I stared out the window fixated on the moon as we drove for miles and miles. The car was dead quiet which was fine by me. Hopefully it would be this way the entire time, I sighed leaning my head against the window.

“She’s being overly quiet, I guess the fight has left her.” The man in the driver seat commented.

I glanced at the rear view mirror and met his hazel gaze, I focused intensely.

Suddenly the car stopped and I smirked.

“What are you doing Harry?!” Exclaimed the guy who sat in the passenger seat.

“Don’t look in her eyes you idiot!!” The guy beside me yelled then slapped me, effectively disconnecting the trance I put Harry in.

Harry shook his head and started the car, he never looked up again.

I turned to stare at the man beside me and simply stared at him. Unlike Harry he wasn’t dumb enough to look into my eyes. He was focused on the seat before him, but I noticed his hands clenching and soon they were twitching towards his gun.

I almost laughed, “Do I make you nervous?”

His jaw flexed, “No actually you make me trigger happy.”

“Interesting,” I smirked now transferring my attention on the man in the passenger seat. He was the one I knocked out, “How’s your face? Do you feel any soreness?”

He almost turned around before he twisted himself back, “It’s perfectly fine you bitch.”

“Well then,” I stated turning my attention back to the moon, finding peace and strength in her beautiful luminous glow.

All too soon I found myself in familiar territory, nostalgia invaded my being as unwanted memories arose. The town hadn’t changed much, some buildings were knew then the scenery changed to trees, tons and tons of trees which blocked the moon from my sight, I always hated it here.

Closing my eyes I succumbed to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally started writing again and I have no plan what so ever where this story is going so we shall both enjoy the riiiiiiiiiiiide!! Oh and I don't know when I'll be able to upload since I'm working like 2 jobs but I hope you like it!!

Enjoy!!