Chapter Two

Instantly I woke up, something woke me but I wasn’t quite sure what it was. There was a disturbance in the night. My skin began to tingle lightly, looking around I saw that we were almost close to the compound, the house where she lived. Dread filled me as I took a steady breath, regaining my composure.

“You’re awake, that’s good. I would have hated to-“

“Yeah I get it, now would you tell me why there aren’t any guards in these forests? Has security become lax in my absence?”

He lifted an eyebrow reproachfully, “You have no right to say anything! You lost that privilege years ago.”

I scoffed, “So my absence gives you an excuse to make poor judgments?”

His fist clenched.

“Griff you already slapped her, punching her will be more noticeable and we’re supposed to retrieve her unharmed!”

I shook my head at their idiocy; still the lack of security alarmed me as I turned my gaze back towards the forest. The darkness has thickened since the last time I was here which wasn’t safe. She should have known that above everyone else here. This was puzzling and instead of wanting to escape I wanted to find out more. Even though I left this place a tiny part of me filled with guilt knowing this wouldn’t have happened had I stayed.

“Tell me everything that’s happened since my escape.” I addressed the three men in the car.

Harry spoke up, “I’m afraid you’ll have to talk to her about that. It’s for that same reason we brought you here.”

I frowned, could it be that bad? Was there something more going on here, is it possible that she doesn’t know what’s was going on either?

This was very bad.

In a few minutes we arrived, thankfully there were at least a few guards around the perimeter.

At least they had enough sense to protect their home.

I briefly glanced at the building, it hadn’t changed at all.

The white mansion remained pristine and it glowed eerily in the moonlight which had finally broken through the tress. It reminded me of the moon which I loved.  The black shutters around the numerous windows spoke of the house’s age and gave the feel of another time, an ancient one with runes and spirals etched onto them. I always thought the main door was enormous but then again everything about the house was. The little lanterns were lit reminding me of little stars as the flickered in the breeze every now and then. It just added to atmosphere.

We exited the car with Harry and the other man I didn’t know his name to yet while Griff walked before us. My focus remained on the forest, something just didn’t…feel right but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Up ahead the guards stood to attention but relaxed soon enough when they recognized their men and some lowered their eyes as they saw me.

At least they knew enough not to look in my eyes.

Others raised their eyebrows; I guess they didn’t think I would be caught. They’ve been trying for six years and from lack of effort on their part. There were some close hits but we’ve always managed to escape.

I wonder if that was a good idea now considering the drastic changes in this place. Well there was no other way to find out except to talk to the woman in charge, Larissa.

She was in her study where one of the servants told us she would be. Nothing about her changed in the last 6 years which comforted me oddly. I guess I was expecting hand cuffs and a year in prison but I’m glad she was still Rissa who was somewhat of an aunt to me.

“Ah, finally you are here,” She said smiling at me.

I paused perplexed by her reaction, wasn’t she mad that I disappeared?

“Sit sit sit, please we have much to discuss.”

***********************************************************************************************************************

Well I know this took for ever to upload but I'm also writing another story called Blood Moon which will have some of the same characters. I'm not sure where this is goin but these two books take place in different time periods though Moon Kissed is first haha 

Let me know what you think and I hope you're enjoying!!

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE!!

~O~