Chapter 17

"Hi. Toni right?" Carmen asked holding her hand out for Toni, "yes." Toni nodded shaking her hand.

"I'm Carmen. Your friend Zoe said that you needed this session." Carmen added.

"I guess..." Toni mumbled.

"Have a seat, anywhere."

Toni looked around before she sat down on the sofa right beside the large window. She looked out at the ocean and the people on the beach.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine and yourself?" Toni asked with her attention still on the ocean. "I'm good."

Carmen took out her notepad and pen looking at Toni carefully who was completely in another world.

"Just by looking at you I can tell that you aren't in a good place." Carmen said. "Am I right?"

Toni looked at her with a couple of tears rolling down her face. Carmen leaned over and handed her a box of tissues.

"Thank you." Toni weakly said wiping away her tears, "I know that coming here is not an easy step to take." Carmen said, as Toni nodded. "I know. But I really do need to talk to someone." Toni said wiping away more of her tears.

Carmen nodded writing down everything she said.

"I took a step down a terrible path." Toni began. "And I want to get better." She added.

"And you will."
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Let's see. Mr Edmonds." Darnelle started looking between Toni and Kenny. "According to this file- oh and by the way congratula-"

Toni quickly shook her head indicating that Darnelle shouldn't say anything.

"Nevermind." Darnelle quickly said, "as I was saying according to this file you two want to find out if there is a possibility for you two to have another baby..." Darnelle trailed off looking at Toni.