Lights Out

Cross third person P.O.V

Cross gazed tiredly out the window of the dimly lit room. He struggled to keep his eyes opened, he fought the need to sleep. It had been months since Nightmare had taken Cross back to his Castle to heal him. Nightmare had been extremely possessive over him, not letting him leave until he healed completely. It was definitely difficult to even look Nightmare in the eye after everything that had happened.

It had taken a long time for Cross to stop resenting Nightmare. And he still hasn't fully stopped.

Cross could only worry about the others, and do Nightmares small errands. Ever since the fight, Horror sans, Dust, and Killer have once again sides woh Nightmare. It was somewhat enlightening to have them in the big castle. It made Cross feel less lonely, especially with their joking attitudes, cross became more excited to have them around.

Other sans would make alliances with Nightmare too, but ever since Error had cut ties completely with them all, they lacked a big power. Cross sighed. But you've been building your army now haven't you Nightmare?

Killer opened the door to the room Cross was in. "Cross! Nightmare is back! He says the mission went perfectly." Cross smiled slightly. This was a distraction he needed to take his mind away from the past. Perhaps to even keep him awake a bit longer. He had been waiting for Nightmare to come back with news. "I'll be there in a minute, thanks Killer."

Cross noticed that Killer didn't leave thought when he dismissed him. He looked at the smaller skeleton questioningly. Killer looked back at him, with an annoyed expression. "Actually, I think you should get some sleep now. And don't act like you've been staying awake all this time just to hear if Fresh persuaded that kid or not. You aren't a good liar cross."

If there was one thing Cross didn't like about Killer, it would be how blunt he worded things, and how observant he could be when he wanted to. Killer was obviously a peculiar sans. Besides Cross, Killer was the closest to Nightmare. Nightmare and him weren't friendly all the time to eachother of course, but Cross knew Nightmare valued Killer and his skills.

Killer destroyed his own Gaster Blasters after all, and was still able to best Ink in combat. Cross chuckled. "Why do you even care? Actually, let me rephrase that. You don't have emotions so you don't care. And Nightmare would want to discuss the next part of the plan. There's no time for me to rest."

Killer huffed. "This is the thanks I get for trying to watch out for your health. Just watch out Cross." Killer started walking out as he smiled. "If you don't get enough sleep, you'll end up crazy like me, knock on wood!" The door was shut and Cross heard the footsteps of Killer going down the hallway.

Cross leaned against the wall next to the window and looked at his reflection in the glass. He sighed again before turning away and sitting on the bed in the room. He laid back and looked up at the ceiling. Just a small nap. Then I can talk to Nightmare about what Fresh will do next. Maybe I could use...

He didn't finish the thought as his vision darkened and his eyes shut. This time, he let sleep come for him.

——————————————————-

Eyyyyyy how are all you amazing beans doing?

I can't believe I slacked so much before writing another chapter! Sowwy!! 😅

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, and Cross' and Killers appearance! I've been excited to write their parts!!

Have a lovely day and night and Expect the next chapter to be out soon!

~Author Chan