[P. JACKSON] go take a bath

"Are we close?"

"Almost!"

You let out a small sigh as your guide, a boy that previously seemed like he was your age gestured to you to get moving. You looked down at the ground as you walked, your attention on his legs. The boy's legs no longer were human. Thick hair covered his skin, and instead of having a foot, he had a hoof. Apparently, he was a satyr.

You and the satyr, Thomas, had met in your school one day some months prior. It appeared like he was a new transfer student, and you, being curious of the nervous new boy, had decided to start talking to him. Thomas had been excited of your arrival and had claimed that you were his first friend.

You had not paid much mind to that.

It seemed like his words were coming true as the term proceeded. The poor boy was often glared at by a lot of your classmates. You had stayed by his side, not understanding why they reacted like that when they saw him. You had even got in a fight with one of the students.

But from that moment on, you had encountered some problems yourself.

At least once a day, the same person, a woman, would pay close attention to you as you left your school. You were extremely grateful that you were not alone for long. The streets of New York were busy most of the time, and you almost always managed to hide yourself away.

But it seemed like you would not be able to hide forever.

One day as you returned home, you saw the same woman watching you. She was holding a dog in her arms, and she seemed to be stroking it thoughtfully. As soon as she caught your eyes, a smirk appeared on her lips. Getting worried, you turned around and walked to your house as quickly as you could. But you were sure someone was following you.

Five minutes later, you looked briefly behind you, only to see the woman, following you not so subtly. You vaguely noticed that her dog was no longer in her arms. Getting anxious, you turned around and walked to your house in a quicker pace. You reached a park, and panicking, you noticed that there were not many people around. Casting a glance behind you, you saw the woman was closer to you than before.

You turned back around so as to start sprinting, only to see her dog in front of you. You stopped still, as the dog seemed to grow bigger and bigger. You did not even wait to see what this thing was. You ran away, running as fast as you could to your house. Halfway there, you had tripped, fallen on the ground and apparently, Thomas had found you unconscious.

When you had woken up, you were in the backseat of a car. You had soon realised that Thomas was driving, but that was not what had surprised you the most.

He had horns!

You had fainted shortly after that, according to Thomas, and that had led to you waking up some hours later, in a car in the middle of a forest. Thomas was guiding you to a Camp, speaking to you about everything considering demigods.

Apparently, you were one of them.

"Thomas, we've been walking for hours!"

"It's only been ten minutes!"

"More like ten hours!"

The satyr let out a sigh as he continued walking, not turning around once to look at you. You kept quiet as you followed after him. You were quite curious as to what the Camp Halfblood was about. Thomas had claimed that unique people were there, people like you.

You were actually excited about going, even if you did not show your enthusiasm. From what your friend had told you, everything you knew about Greek mythology was true, and you were the child of one of the gods, but you did not know of whom.