The Argument

Sorry it took so long for this update!
Life's been stressful and I've had a lot going on for me!
As always, I hope you enjoy this  MissSmileandDream !

Just....a few....more yards.....then....I can rest!

Margaux was exhausted. She'd never traveled this far for this long before!
In fact, she'd never even left her village before. Until now, she'd never had a reason to. All she could ever want and need were either located in the town's market, or within her own, albeit small, household. The residents of the village were friendly and fair, and she had many friends, but things all changed two nights before, when her parents decided to make a certain decision for her. One that was going to change her whole life....

Margaux closed her eyes and shook her head, returning her focus to the soon to be setting sun in the West. And that's when she noticed a problem.
A HUGE problem.

She could no longer see the backs of the three hunters ahead of her.
Fear began to make her heart pump rabidly, and her eyes darted across the plains in a frenzy. Without them, she'd NEVER find her way across the seemingly never ending plains!
She began to panic, searching desperately for the hunters she had been secretly following for a day now, but they were no where to be seen across the flat, boulder strewn land.

She climbed up onto the closest rock to her to better view her surroundings, but still she could not spot them. Heaving a frustrated sigh, she slid off the rock and planted her feet in the dry dirt.

"Where could they have gone?" She whispered to herself.

"Looking for someone?" A voice behind her suddenly spoke.

Margaux screamed in fright, then spun on her heel to face the person the voice belonged to, but tripped over her own two feet and fell onto the ground, much like she had when she had been eavesdropping back at the Main House.

Scrambling to her feet to sustain a portion of her dignity, her mouth hung open when she saw who had been standing just behind her.

A tall, slender man with long, blond hair stood with his arms crossed over his chest, with a bow, quiver and two sheathed blades hung on his cloaked back, and a slim sword hung at his belt.
He raised a single dark brow down at her, a small smile starting to tug at the corner of his lips and his sky blue eyes twinkled in amusement.

Not man.

She thought to herself.

An elf. Legolas.

Just then, a man and a dwarf came from around the large rock, each clad in the same green cloak as the elf before her.
The three hunters stood before her with looks of both surprise and disapproval written on their faces.

Margaux gave them all a guilty smile.
"Ahh, there you are," she squeaked.

"What are you doing out here....Margaux, is it?"
Aragorn asked as he took a step towards her.

Margaux instinctively took a step back.
"Yes, it is. And I am out here following the three of you," she replied honestly. She decided it was best to just be honest with them.

"And why are ya followin us lassie?" Gimli asked, resting his hand on the hilt of his planted axe.

"Because....Because....," Magaux hesitated.

"Well?" Gimli grumbled impatiently.

"Because I had to leave the village. And you three were my only way out of there without being caught," Margaux sighed, her nervous smile slipping from her face.
"The happenings in the village have taken a surprising turn for the worst...well, in my case anyway. And I wish not to be apart of the future the village holds for me," she continued slowly.