TWENTY TWO

TWENTY TWO.

ARABELLA AND Viktor had departed from Bulgaria less than a week ago, before they were thrust back into the chaos and drama at Hogwarts that circulated the school (not to mention the disgustingly cold English weather that Bella despised so much – it was almost May, yet it was still raining).

          Having been out in the courtyard with Deanna and Viktor, the three had instantly ran inside the castle when the rain – inevitably – started to pour. Quickly drying off her robes with the Hot Air Charm, Bella had squealed in disgust when Viktor had embraced her in a soaking wet hug just mere seconds afterwards. It took all of her might not to jinx him too, but she remembered that he was her boyfriend and that would probably land her in trouble.

          It was almost as if she had forgotten that Hogwarts was in fact a school (yes, with actual rules), because she had considered it to be her second home for so long that it never completely occurred to her.

            Maybe that was why Harry had said that trouble always seems to find him, even when he isn't looking.

"Miss Flannery," a voice spoke from behind the trio; one that was gruff and familiar; one that they normally heard booming in echoic melodies across the Great Hall. Dumbledore. "You are requested in my office." He placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder when she swiftly turned around in bewilderment. The redhead glanced at Viktor for comfort, only to find that his hard exterior didn't falter. "Mister Krum can come, too, but no more of you. I'm sure Viktor will want to hear this also."

            When Viktor and Bella entered Dumbledore's office, they were both startled to find Fred and George standing askew the Headmaster's desk. Fred's hands were clasped behind his back shyly as he shuffled awkwardly on his feet. "Gred, Forge," the Ravenclaw joked playfully, a delighted smile creeping up a corner of her mouth. "What are you doing here?"

George looked to his twin to elaborate, but when Fred averted his gaze – yet again – to the floor, he shrugged with a sigh and a large gasp when he opened his mouth to speak. "Erin Martell told us about the Zoe situation, y'know, that she's a psychopath? And a werewolf? Why didn't you tell us, Bella?"

"Well, when I found about her lycanthropy I didn't want to tell you in case it would scare you, or if you didn't want to be involved in my problems – I wouldn't blame you if it put you off, honestly – and then when I found out that she was a revengeful bitch, we weren't friends at the time, so–"

          Fred raised his head. Maybe the floor wasn't that interesting to look at, after all. "It's all sorted now, anyway. Erin specifically requested that we should explain the situation to Dumbledore, I think because she knew you wouldn't do it yourself. She wanted to get Zoe expelled. And, because of how dangerous she was, Professor Dumbledore here made the wise decision to expel her."