II

The forest was lush and green as he strolled calmly. He had always prefer making camp out here than back at the village. There were no loud insults, no stones thrown at him and no irritating brats who called themselves nobles.

It was the kind of peace he could ask for.

*Rustle*

He turned his head towards the sound. It was faint, but noticeable. Slowly, he loaded an arrow on his bow, stepping closer to the source. Just as his hand reached the bushes, a blur of green shot out into his face. Startled, he released the arrow, hearing it hit a tree with a 'twang'.

"Well, that was embarrassing." Mumbling, he turned to focus at the creature that assaulted him. It was a tiny rabbit, an odd green tint to its fur as well as a pair of wings. Of course, he recognized the animal, and grimaced under his hood.

"Sorry, little guy."It blearily opened its eyes as he started to pet it, started to fly immediately. He noticed there was a frantic expression on its face, and frowned. "What's wrong?"

In response, the rabbit flew towards the direction it came from before stopping and glancing back at him. Clearly it wanted him to come along. He stood and followed, soon reaching a small clearing. There, underneath the shade of a tree, he saw a small figure, with a hood not unlike his own, unconscious on the grass.

It stopped there and hovered over the child, looking at him. When he approached them, he knelt down reached a hand to his forehead, frowning. Then he checked for any injuries he could see, and sighed, glancing at the creature.

"There's nothing wrong with him, so calm down." He said, smiling slightly when the rabbit cheered. He glanced down at the child once more, sitting down next to him. "What are you doing out here anyway? I don't recognize you.."

He noticed the abnormally large eyebrows the child had, and raised an eyebrow when he stirred. Emerald green orbs blinked open, then slowly focused on him.

...

"Listen, I'm glad there's plenty of us here; the more, the merrier and all that." The heroic spirit known as Robin Hood commented. "But, why are you here? I thought you were supposed to be back at Chaldea?"

To the redhead's left, Francis Drake grinned.

"Don't be so gloomy, Robin." The pinkette swung a hand over his shoulder, causing the other grunt and attempt to move her arm away. "It's my free day. Besides, I heard that Master went on a trip someplace else."

"Seriously?" Pausing for a moment, he looked to his right, where Boudica nodded.

"Yes. I think she went to... France, was it?" She put a hand under her chin in a thoughtful expression. "Something about exploring Paris. I asked whether I could come along, but Mash, Marie and Jeanne were already going so..."

"What, that's the only reason you're tagging along?" The redhead blanched, escaping Francis' headlock. He sighed, shaking his head. "Now I feel disappointed."

"Sorry, Robin." She smiled sheepishly. "But when I hear you're going here, I just have to come along."

"Then, what about you, Arthuria?" He glanced back at the blonde standing at the back of their group. The female in question was looking around prior to the question, slight wonder in emerald eyes.

"I only followed because I wanted to see how much things changed since my time." She remarked, gazing back at them. "It's.. different to see it in person."

"It does give that feeling, doesn't it?" Boudica smiled in understanding.

"So, what are we waiting for?" The pinkette interjected, moving over to Arthuria and wrapped her hand around her in a headlock. "My thirst for adventure is calling. Let's explore as much as we can before we head back to Chaldea."