A Gift

She found herself in his arms. They had a moment of eye lock and their lips were carved into a smile. He couldn't take off his eyes from her even for a minute. The romantic music and dim light made them forget everything around.

" Vikram? Tanya... "

Tanya was busy having drinks with her friends. Vikram pulled her closer leaving little distance between them.

" Y you are taking her name. I don't want anyone between us. Do you get that anyone. " He said her coldly

" And I told you always not to go near that Mayank. "

" I..I... "

" Don't try to look for an another father for my son. Remember that. "

" But I. "

" It Should be me always. "

He left her and walked out. She looked at him with confusion.

Later Mayank approached her for a drink. Vikram was listening to their conversation carefully.

" Thanks Mayank. But I don't drink. "

" Okay, at least soft drink. "

" No thanks. "

" Have some snacks re. You're not having anything since you entered the party. "

" I have my fast today. "

Vikram gave a frowned look.

" What fast? She was never into all these Puja stuff. " Vikram thought.

" Hi Vikram. Long time. No see. "

" Hi... "

He got busy with his friends.

Maya was passing by Tanya and her friends when one of them called her.

" Maya. "

" Yes Rina. How're you? "

" We are at fun. Maximum of us are going to marry millionaires, including Tanya. Soon they'll tie the knot. "

Maya's heart wrenched on hearing that.

" Oh.. Congrats Tanya. "

" Thank you. " she replied with an attitude.

" Maya you're looking beautiful in this Saree. For a moment I was confused if I'm here in someone's wedding. "

" Right. I was going to ask that. You always wear these kind of clothes? "

" Must be re. She's a mother of 4 year old. "

" What really? That's the reason you've put on weight. No? "

" Nothing like that... "

" Who's the father by the way? As far I know you're unmarried. "

They were talking and secretly giggling. Maya couldn't take it anymore. She started to walk away when she felt a sharp pain in her head. The next moment she was on ground. Everyone rushed to her help. Vikram entered the crowd and kneeled down beside her. Mayank lifted her by shoulders to rest her upper body in his arms and sprinkled water on her face. She opened her eyes. Mayank offered her water but she refused to take from his hand.

Vikram immediately snatched the glass and pulled her to his arms. She had the water from his hands and slightly smiled at him.

" Look at her drama Tanya. To drink from his hand. She's trying chance on your boyfriend. Beware. "

" She needs a good lesson for sure. "

--------------------

Tanya went to the bar and started taking taquila shots. Meanwhile Vikram made her comfortable on chair who was still feeling dizzy.