Chapter 12 -

Chapter 12 -

IT'S SO UNREAL, DIDN'T LOOK OUT BELOW;

Once again Adia was in another world when River kissed her. She was melting in his arms again. Only he had the power to turn her into mush with just one touch. His fingers trailed over her breast squeezing her nipples just enough to make them hard. And at the same time he pressed himself against her his shaft instantly doubling in size. She wanted him more than anything at that moment. He slowly undid the buttons of his own shirt and she gasped at his perfect upper body with just the right amount of muscles. He was perfect. He undid his pants and stood naked in front her.

Then he undid the zipper of her jeans pulling down her underwear at the same time. He pulled her against him. His cool naked body was absorbing the heat she felt. He gently kissed her before picking her up and carrying her towards the bed. He lay her down and then hovered above her. Her body was trembling. He took her hand and wrapped it around him letting her guide him inside her.

When he was halfway in she released him. Then he gently penetrated her as she took hold of his back clawing into his skin and letting out a deep gasp. He gently moved watching her face as his breathing heavied. She could not take her eyes off him and she pulled him towards her wanting to feel him holding her, driving her up the wall to ecstasy.

"River" she gasped as she was reaching the brink of excitement. He stopped whenever she came too close until he was at the same brink of excitement as she was.

"Come" he commanded and increased his rhythm of thrusts.

"Come for me my angel" he begged and a loud gasp escaped his mouth accompanied by her female scream. She gasped deeply and felt her eyes widened. She looked at him and realized that she loved him more than she ever loved anyone else in her life more than her own father. She lay wrapped up in his cool body unable to sleep, waiting to wake up but it was not a dream, it was real. He was there with her. Just as she was falling asleep that annoying hunger rumbling emerged from her stomach. He giggled beside her.

"I forget humans have to eat. There's a dinner buffet downstairs. I'll join you shortly"

She smiled embarrassed and got dressed. She left the room smiling to herself as she traced her fingers over her lips. She felt high and elated. And she knew she could never kill him and she would never let anyone do that either. Why couldn't she have everything? Still be a slayer and full fill her duty and have the love of her life. She went home to Anna who was a vampire herself what difference is River. She changed when she had Hope. Good things should happen to people who did good shouldn't it?

Adia helped herself to plate with assorted meats and salads.

River lay on his back wondering and waiting. A sudden gust of wind made him feel relief. At least she was there now and not with Jess and Hope. He knew she would come she would always come, always find him no matter what.

"How romantic?"

Drew pulled the sheets off and he lay still on his back stretching the full length of his naked body. His manhood still slightly rigid from lovemaking.

"Like what you see?" He mocked. Her face distorted in anger. He got up and pulled on his jeans.

"What do you want Drew?"

"You bastard!" She let out raged.

He dug just in time for a vase flying above his head and shattered against the wall. In one swift move he had her wrists in his hands and pinned against the wall. She hit her head against the wall. He clenched his teeth.

"What do you want Drew? I'm warning you, this time I will rip your head off"

Drew pulled lose an arm stroked the side of his face with her fingers as she laughed wickedly.

"No need lover. I'm just here to see you suffer" with those words she stabbed a needle in his neck and pressed the syringe injecting a liquid in him. He ripped it out but it was already empty.

"What is it?"

She laughed and swooped out of the room. He stood still for a moment. He did not feel any different. He finished getting dressed and joined Adia in the dining room. She had an empty plate in front of her and was sipping the last bit of wine from a glass. She smiled dreamily to herself making him smile. He realized that he could stare at her all day every day of his immortal life. He pushed away thoughts of what their future would be like and concentrated on the present. They were there then and they were together. She loved him and he loved her. He would never harm her or let anyone touch a hair on her head ever.She was reason for being, the essence of his being. He approached and she looked up, her smile broadened when she lay eyes on him and the room seemed to light up instantly. She got up and met him halfway. He held out his arm.

"May I have the pleasure of your company for a walk on the deck Miss Barnes?"

She nodded and curled her arm in the crook of his curled arm. They walked on the deck to the edge of the ship along the railings and for a moment he was reminded of the sinking Titanic. The air smelled like ice but the air at that moment carried the salty smell of the ocean and warm air of summer. Her sweet voice brought him back to life.

"I read about it" she said. "When Anna told me. Your name was among those who perished in the ice water. Her's was not there"

He pulled her closer to his side.

"I assure you it was the most devastating thing I encountered. A lot of people died, bodies floated in ice water, children, mothers, fathers. They were screaming, drowning and as the ship sank. I remember the fear in the eyes of Wallace Hartley. His band continued playing nearer my God to thee and I never felt so far away from religion. I wanted to save him. I wanted to save everyone but I was going to die too"

Adia bit down on her lips.

"I can't tell the council about you" she swallowed hard "I can't let you die"

He cupped her face in his hands.

"I don't want to die. Not anymore. Not since you came into my life"

Suddenly River paused and removed his hands from her face. His body felt on fire and the world around him spinned. He looked at his pale hands and could see black veins pulling the skin underneath. He screamed giving in to the immense pain he felt all over. His body convulsed as he sank to the wooden floors of the deck. Adia hovered above him screaming frantically for someone to help. He could see the horror in her face and see her mouth moving but he could not hear her.

"Drew" he let out. "She did something"

"Shame" Drew commented from behind them.

"What did you do to him?" Adia cried.

Drew pursed her lips as she smiled feeling chuffed with herself.

"Its a witch potion lethal to vampires" she said "Stay with him he has but till sunrise to live. His body will be yearning the very daylight that will end his life once and for all"

Her awful sick laugh rang in Adia's ears.