Everyone Deserves To Feel Fabulous

As the six ponies and the young drake explored all the surprising amount of trinkets and spoils of Capper's humble abode, Rarity was immediately drawn to a large oil portrait on the wall. Especially, since it was the largest piece in Capper's collections of treasures and art, and the fact that it took up most of the wall space in the windmill. It was hard not to notice it.

The oil painting was a portrait of some kind of proud yet noble pirate captain, posing regally upon a rock near the rocky shore of an unknown sea. In her mind, Rarity complimented the artist's technique and attention to detail. Especially all the detail that went in the war general's jacket. All those golden buttons, pockets, and stitches were just simply divine to Rarity. However, Rarity was not fooled by the conveniently placed, cut out picture of Capper's face pinned over the painted face of the true general in the picture. With her magic, and while Capper and her friends weren't looking, Rarity peeled Capper's picture away and saw the male giant parrot man face that was attached to the pirate captain's body.

While placing Capper's picture back in its place, Rarity looked back subtly to Capper. But, only for a brief moment. As Rarity turned her head back to the picture, she couldn't help but chuckle silently to herself, roll her eyes and shake her head. To the white unicorn, everything was starting to make sense when it comes to Capper. This painting, his home, his intellect, all that he had shown to them reflected a need for the finer things in life. A need for beautiful, artistic, creative, worthwhile things. Rarity completely understood this feeling because she would feel it everyday. That is why she creates beautiful clothes, crafts, and designs all the time. That is why she would hunt for Gems and jewels in places like the pits of the Diamond Dogs caves or the depths of the dark Everfree forest. That is why, for as long as she could remember, she wanted to visit and live and open a boutique in Canterlot. Her need to be a part of something truly beautiful...is embodied in every action she takes, every design she creates, and in everything she thinks and does. To be without some sense or appreciation for the beauty in the world would be like without air for Rarity. So, she could understand Capper's silent struggle for gorgeous and fabulous things.

Although, the only difference between Rarity and Capper in terms of this struggle is that Capper can hide it.

But more importantly, this painting showed that Capper wanted to be part of these finer things too. And once again, Rarity couldn't blame him. Every time the white unicorn would design a dress for some mare to wear, she could beautiful because the client in the dress feels beautiful. In that moment, Rarity knew she had to help Capper somehow. Oh sure, Rarity couldn't lie that perhaps part of her need to assist this cat may come from her slight attraction to his charm, his intellect, and his dashing looks. But Rarity kept telling herself it was only one small part of her motivations because when it comes to the courtship, it's important for a lady to keep the ball in her court. As Rarity noticed a huge tear in Capper's jacket sleeve from across the room, and an idea instantly sprouted in her mind.

She immediately began to search the place for some red thread, a sewing needle, and perhaps for some accessories to liven up Capper's wonderful red jacket. Despite its patches, dirt, and how worn it look at times, it was still a fine and quite distinguished jacket in Rarity's eyes. She could tell that Capper tried to take care of his jacket to the best of his ability. The fact that Capper cared so much for his jacket, despite his circumstance and the fact that he could have thrown his jacket away like any ruffian would, just warmed up her heart. Rarity has always felt that there weren't enough creatures in this world that didn't take care of their precious valuables or their clothes anymore.

Rarity went over to one of the far corners of the room and examined the woven basket beside a lounge room chair. Inside the basket were a lot of things that Rarity wouldn't expect to find in a sewing basket like this one. There were circular glass lids to jars without a whole jar to accompany them, chewable soft cat toys, plastic toy mice, feathers of all sorts of colors and shapes, and long pieces of straw and rope. Anything random and incomplete you can think of, it would be in that basket. Rarity tried to look through this unusual, compact, and full basket without disturbing too much the "order and organization" of the items pertaining to the basket. Luckily, she was able to find something that definitely belonged in a sewing basket. A wooden spool.