Ch. 10

"When is Beth going to be released, Tim?" Ziva asked her friend. She, Abby and Tony were at Tim's house after work, keeping him company while he was recovering. Tony had brought a few comedies and Ziva and Abby had brought food. The girls cleaned the apartment, despite the protesting of the injured agent. They had settled Tim on the couch, making him prop his feet up so he would be comfortable. They even had Tony help so they could finish quickly.

Tim smiled before standing, grabbing the trash from dinner off the coffee table, "Tomorrow. I told her I would pick her up." He then headed to the kitchen to throw the trash away.

"How? You haven't been released to drive yet have you?" Tony asked, throwing his head back to look at Tim over the top of the couch.

"No, I'm not cleared yet," Tim replied, clearing the dishes off the counter and starting to load the dishwasher.

Abby glanced at Tony before getting up to help Tim, "I'm taking him. Am I dropping you off on my way to work?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Her doctor said she wouldn't be released until sometime in the afternoon,, so I'll just stay with her until she is released," Tim answered, sitting back down on the couch when Abby shooed him out of the kitchen. He propped his feet up on the coffee table, trying to get comfortable.

"Is she staying by herself, or does she have family she will be staying with?" Ziva asked, as Tony chose a movie and put it in the DVD player.

"Nope, she's staying here."

Abby, Ziva and Tony exchanged a knowing glance before Tony teased, "Ohh....Probie's got a new roomie." Tim rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything, just let a smile play on his lips. He wasn't about ready to tell DiNozzo how excited he was that she was going to be staying. Or, for that matter, how excited she was to be staying at his apartment.

"That is really nice of you Tim," Ziva said honestly as Abby sat on the floor in front of Tim in front of the couch.

"She doesn't have family around here. I know her brother would have wanted to take care of her, but he and his wife are out of town on vacation and I couldn't reach them. I called her parents. They didn't want anything to do with her, told me that they were not going to take care of her. She got herself into this "mess", so she would have to get herself out of it," Tim quietly said, looking down to his lap. Abby glanced up before grabbing one of his hands. "I can't believe they didn't want anything to do with her. She almost died. She's such a beautiful, intelligent, hardworking woman. Why would they treat her like that?"

No one said a word for a few moments, taking in the fact that Tim had contacted Beth's family. To find out that her parents didn't want anything to do with their daughter, it was a hard pill for them all to swallow. They all liked Beth ever since they had met her. Abby squeezed Tim's hand, showing him her support of his decision.

"Some parents, just don't care about their kids, McGee. They don't have a maternal or paternal bone in their bodies. Its sad, but its not uncommon," Tony said, speaking from experience.

"Believe me, I know," Tim replied, keeping his hold on Abby's hand. His home life as a child was not a really happy one, with the Admiral and all. He never told any one about his childhood, except for Beth. It was what helped them bond.

The room lapsed into silence again before Tim glanced over at Tony. "Could you turn the movie on now? I need a good laugh."

Abby let Tim's hand go as Tony turned the TV on. "Right, me too." A moment later, he had the movie started.

NCIS*NCIS*NCIS*NCIS* NCIS*NCIS* NCIS*NCIS* NCIS*NCIS* NCIS

The next morning, Abby dropped Tim off in front of the lobby of the hospital, promising to return as soon as he texted her. Tim thanked her and watched as the friendly Goth left the hospital parking lot. He turned and made his way to the elevators. It wasn't long before he was on the fourth floor of the hospital and pushing open the door to Beth's room.