T r o u b l e

"There you go." Hyuna adjusted my now shoulder length hair. What was once long auburn hair was now short,dark, and raven colored. It complimented my grey eyes perfectly

That was all apart of my past and change came in check when wanting to forget all about it. Before me was a new and stronger person.

"Thank you so much." I managed to say looking down at the locks of auburn hair scattered on the bathroom floor. Hyuna had managed to cut and dye my hair in the span of an hour and a half. She honestly had a gift.

"I'll go make us some lunch now okay? I'll call you down when it's ready." She said giving me a friendly smile though the mirror while placing her hands on my shoulders. I just stared back at her. I just couldn't manage to smile.

Slipping off the stool, I slipped the white towel wrapped around my neck off and gently folded it placing it on top of the sink. I then proceeded to sweep all my hair that laid on the ground with the boom.

Throwing the last bit of hair away, I took one more look at myself in the mirror taking in my reflection.

Walking out into the hall I went straight to my room and just threw myself on to the bed. It really had been a long day and honestly all I wanted to do was sleep. This had really been the shittiest week of my life and it was only Thursday. How much worse could it really get?

I spent the rest of the night with Hyuna in the living room eating some snacks and just having a full on movie marathon. She was literally like the older sister I never really had. Being five years older did make you wiser.

That night for the first time in forever I had the best night sleep. I felt relaxed and just overall happy that I had managed to escape such hell hole and come to what felt my safe haven.
__________________

"Wake up lazy pants I made pancakes!!!!" I heard someone scream which made me bolt up in alert at the scream. My heart was racing and my fists were clutched.

Looking down at my fists I slowly undid them telling myself I was fine. I slipped out of bed making sure to fix my bed and put my hair up in a small bun.

Slipping my socks on, I made my way out to the kitchen being greeted by the smell of syrup and hash browns. Reminded me of mom and our Saturday mornings when she didn't have to go into work.

I missed her.

Hyuna was bright as the sun with a flower patterned apron around her waist and bright red lipstick on her lips accenting her pale skin. Did sunshine come in a bottle because I think Hyuna drank a whole twenty four pack.

"Here you go ma'am!" She said placing a plate of hot pancakes and scrambled eggs with fruit and hash browns in front of me.

"So uh what are you up to today?" I asked taking a bite of my pancakes.

"Oh I was just gonna go out and buy some groceries and then head out to work. I'll be back late by the way." She spoke as she swiftly moved around the kitchen preparing her own plate.

"Ooh I was meaning to ask you where I could get a job? Are they hiring where you work?" I notice her pause with spatula in mid air with her back faced away from me.

Had I said something wrong?

"U-uh no I don't think they're hiring but maybe you can come to town with me and maybe ask around to see if anyone's hiring." She said turning around and putting on a fake smile. I knew those too well but I wouldn't push on the subject.

"After you eat go shower and get dressed okay? I'll show you around town." She said while I simply nodded with pancakes and egg stuffed in my mouth. What couldn't she do lord.
___________________