Chapter 1

Growing up, most people dream of far off lands and mythical beasts that empower our fairy tales. When they think of legends they think of knights in intricate armor who slay fire-breathing serpents and reside in floating castles where they rule their people.

But when you are born in a city on the ocean; a city anchored in the middle of a landless planet, you dream of more realistic things. To you, dragons and knights are best left to the books while the things worth dreaming of, exist some where far off. Because in the city of Isolon, your dreams are all you have...

The beeping was faint at first. It was hardly noticeable in the background but as time progressed it became more apparent. The seconds passed and the beeping grew in octaves, disrupting the quiet calm that once rested over the scene.

Brows creased in agitation before the man rolled onto his side. The beeping still did not cease. Maybe if he ignored it he'd fall back asleep?

Then it hit him: alarm.

Amber eyes shot open as he turned in his bed, scrambling to deactivate the alarm on his phone. It's not like he was late. He set his alarm an hour before he actually had to be awake. The issue at hand was the repetitive sounds that his alarm made. Repetitive sounds of any type made the man agitated.

Beeping, pencil tapping, the sounds of people chewing their food aloud. A lot of things annoyed him without any apparent reason. His goal was to avoid it all together but that wasn't always the case.

He rubbed his face while yawning, his ears picking up the static of his comm device beside his phone. Many would wonder why he used a comm device when he had a cell phone laying right beside it.

His cell phone was only good for a few things: looking neat, listening to music and using the alarm. Beyond that, it was a paperweight.

"Proxy!"His comm crackled to life and he sighed dramatically.

"Proxy are you awake? It's eight! The drop is soon!" The voice on his device sounded urgent.

The man grumbled and sat up in bed, turning the device away so the camera couldn't view him when he accepted the video chat.

"Alright,alright. Chill Dex. I'm up." Proxy tousled the long tresses of crimson hair that fell over his shoulders. He peered down at his comm device, chuckling at his friend on the screen.

"Will the masked marauder show his face today?" Dex asked when his comrade covered the cam with his hand.

"The world may never know." Proxy replied. He knew his mysterious ways got the better of him at times. And although he trusted Dex, he simply wasn't ready to reveal himself.

"Whatever, man. Meet me in the VIP room at Solar's in half an hour." Dex grumbled and Proxy smirked. "I'll be there in ten."

He ended the chat and quickly dressed himself.

The man was none too fond of snug fitting clothes, at least as far as pants went; Thus leaving him with harem pants and knee high boots to tuck them into. He wore a red, faded, sash tied over one of his brown, leather bracers. His other arm openly adorned the second bracer and his chest and shoulders were clad in leather pauldrons and chest plate that was secured over a long sleeve top. He slipped a tan balaclava over his head, neatly stuffing his hair inside before sliding his black and red mask down over his face.