Chapter 1: Recovery

It's Christmas break di ko alam kung ano gagawin ko, nakatitig ako sa phone nang may nagtext "Sino kaya to?" Inisip ko. Rein Arlo S. Owens the girl who took her time comforting me when  Amelia Grace and I broke up, "Enough of the dramatic  shits"  I say out loudly, now to look at what she sent me.

Rein

Earth to Adien Jackson Fernandez

Rein

Nandiyan ka pa ba? Heeeeeloooooo

Adien

Nandito na ako chill

Rein

Gawa mo? AHAHAHA

Adien

Not much you?

Rein

WOW Tangina may pa english si kuya HAHAHAHA

Adien

GAGO AHAHAHAH

We talked for hours and hours, totoo nang time is fast when you're happy. My sis snaps me back into reality and teases me "Uyyyyy kausap niya si ate Rein HAHAHAHA" "Ano naman? Dun ka na nga may gagawin ka pa diba?" I said with a slightly irritated voice, she glances back at me and shouts loudly "MAMA OH SI KUYA ADIEN NAMUMULA" Wala na akong sinabi and just went into my room locking the door behind me. "I'm slowly forgetting about the break up thank you Rein."

So days continue with Rein and I chatting back and forth non-stop having fun, without having awareness I realize that it's December 23 HOLY SHIT IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS I scream internally. Rein chats exactly on time 2:32 pm damn this girl is persistent , we go on talking about food, Christmas decors, music, school, and problems. Talking to her is like having a day in the spa , it's relaxing like having the masseuse run her fingers through my forehead I'm being relaxed just by thinking about it. I hear screaming in the halls and think to myself tangina kapatid ko nanaman she bursts open through the door and yells "UNG PAGKAIN MO LALAMIG NA BUMABA KA NA" I let out a sigh "Oo na ito na bababa na shees chill ka lang pwede?" I go down stairs and as usual I see our maid sitting on the couch but that thought gets cancelled out by the smell of...adobong kangkong, I quickly rush to the dinning table and shit at my spot and grab a handful of the savory adobong kangkong, yes I find happiness on the simplest things di naman ako maarte eh adobong kangkong lang solve na ako. I finish my food and head back up to my room, I slam the door shut and lock it. I look at my phone as the notification turns on, someone messaged me...it's Amelia ,memories flood back into my mind no why, stop please I don't want to remember, who knew a simple hi could make me break down. I sit on the floor sobbing and trying to get Reins attention, I keep on messaging her and still...no answer, thinking to myself I say should I answer Amelia? No then she would think you still like her. But she might start an issue because I didn't answer her. Finally I made a decision I answer her text.

Amelia

 Hey

Adien

 Hey

Amelia

How's it been?

Adien

 I don't know okay I guess?

Amelia

Look I know it's hard for you to move on but please I found someone else

Adien

Don't remind me of the hard times Amelia please I can't take it anymore goodbye

I turn off the phone and rest my head between my legs crying. My phone glowed a text again from someone...its from Rein, I wanted to answer but my mind couldn't I was focused on Amelia, I went to bed and slowly fell asleep.

Nagising ako sa tunog ng aking cellphone "Tangina ano nanaman" I pick up the phone and it's 11:37 am PUTA MAGLULUNCH NA, again my phone buzzes it's Rein, I pick up the call and scream "TANGINA ANG SARAP SARAP NG TULOG KO PANIRA KA!" "KAKAGISING MO LANG NAGMUMURA KA NA AGAD" Rein said jokingly "PAKE MO BA" I say smiling our call was short becuase my annoying sister was screaming in the halls as usual. "Sige Rein kakain lang ako later" And just like that I dropped the call. 

A few more days go by and It all seems normal, I wonder what the future brings.