5 : dozen or so

Based in Alexandria 

The woman cleans her knife on the tattered jeans of walker blood. Taking in a deep breath before letting it out, it becomes visible in front of her, representing the cold climates they are dealing with. A sigh escapes her before her stomach growls, skipping her meal since she wanted to leave the walls of Alexandria quickly. The snap of the branch makes her raise machete, moving off the tree. She calms down once she sees it's only Daryl.

Both have bonded much while at Hershel's farm, enough to care for each other. She lowers her guard, leaning against the tree once more as he moves across from her, leaning against a tree himself. They stay quiet, the hunter staring at the woman as she stares at the sun beginning to rise. A small smile plays her lips as the light hits her face. Though she feels disgusted because of the walker blood staining her face and clothes, Daryl believes she looks fantastic. He always thought this of her, but he knew he'd never have a chance with her. Never.

 "Why 're you out here so early. It's freezing," he complains.

 "It's winter," she responds, letting out another frosty breath, liking the snow beneath her feet.

 "No shit, sunshine," he grumbles, shivering slightly.

 "Get used to it. I'm freezing my ass off too but I still like the snow," she responds.

 "We could-" he cuts himself off, trying to get the idea out of my head.

 "We could what?" she questions, leaning off the tree now.

 "Nothing, nothin'. Never mind," he says. He should know not to think that way, giving himself false hope. She would never do that with him. She hums after a moment, beginning to walk away from him. "Where you going."

 "I found this cabin a while back. Didn't have enough time to check everything out last time." Daryl stays quiet for a second before following her, their footsteps being seen in the snow.

 After a few minutes they make it to the cabin she was talking about. Walking inside she goes up the stairs to the small second floor. Looking around upstairs, she only finds a small bathroom and the master bedroom. Downstairs where Daryl is looking is the kitchen and dining room, a small living room with a broken fireplace as well.

She looks through the bathroom, finding antibiotics and Ibuprofen. Moving to the bedroom, she finds a suitcase underneath the bed. Placing it on the covers, she unzips it, finding jars of water. She grows confused, her still having some innocence in her. Though she's drank before, it was only beer, lots of it too.

 Zipping it up, she brings it down the stairs, Daryl only finding empty cans of food. Unzipping it as soon as she sets it down, she takes out one of the many jars, handing it to Daryl. "The hell is that?" she asks him as he opens it. A strong scent escapes it, the woman coughing at it. "Smells like rubbing alcohol," she complains.

 "It's moonshine," he chuckles before becoming quiet, seeing her brows are still furrowed in confusion. " You never had moonshine?"

 "I've only drunk beer. With all the debts I had, I rarely drank that either," she shrugs, making the hunter give a disappointed sigh.

 "We're gonna play a game. You heard of 'Never Have I Ever'?" She nods, not really knowing what's gonna happen. "Well, if you've done it, you're drinking this." She scoffs but agrees, opening up another jar. They sit on the small couch in front of the fire. Though a small couch, there is still enough space for one more person in between the two. "Alright, never have I ever had a pet." She rolls her eyes, taking a sip of the drink. It burns down her throat, scrunching her nose for a moment before coughing. Daryl gives an airy laugh, seeing her reaction.

 "Shut up," she jokes, rolling her eyes. "Never have I ever failed a class."

 "It was one time!" he complains.

 "Yet you still failed." He can only roll his eyes before taking a drink.

Soon the two are drunk, only having four jars left of moonshine left out of about a dozen. Both drunk in the middle of the day, their bodies relaxed against the uncomfortable couch. Well, Daryl is still somewhat sober. She seems too drunk to think at the moment before passing out on the couch. Her eyes close, her breathing calming.

 "Sometimes you seem too innocent for this world," he whispers aloud. "Kinda wish I knew you before all this," he continues, letting his thoughts out into the open for once. He speaks about anything coming to his mind for a few minutes before feeling a sense of drowsiness make his eyelids heavy. "You're too sweet for all this shit..."

 Soon the morning sun rises, getting into Daryl's through the window. It makes him groan quietly, feeling a pounding headache forcing him to sit up. Opening his eyes, seeing the woman sitting across from him, drinking a bottle of water from her bag. She looks over at him, seeing him up. "Hey," she greets him, throwing him the bottle of water and pills. "I found painkillers upstairs." He nods, taking a few pills before taking a gulp of water.

 "Do you remember anything from yesterday?" he asks, an airy laugh following. "You seemed pretty drunk."

 "I remember bits and pieces," she mumbles, biting her lip as she tries to remember the contents of last night. One particular one comes to mind, which she speaks up on. "You should make sure I'm asleep before talking." His jaw drops, knowing she heard as his face becomes red.

 "Look, I didn't mean any of it. I'm sor-" He gets cut off, a gasp escaping him as her lips touch his. She slowly pulls away, seeing his reaction.

 "It's fine," she shrugs. "It was...sweet." A small blush forms on her face, Daryl not doing much better with red roses blossoming on his cheeks.