Falling

Today is the perfect day to die or should I say kill myself. It's bright outside, couple clouds in the sky, and a nice breeze. Today is a really gray day, it almost seems perfect. I'm not going to miss this, the cookie cutter small town, were gossip spreads like a wildfire, just like in the movies. No one is going to miss me, I'm just that timid kid in class. My friends might though but, I'm sure they'll get over it. I hear the last school bell go off, getting me out of my trance. I look up and see my teacher staring at me, I think he knows. I get out of class before he could say anything. I walk swiftly to the deranged parking lot but, I hear someone calling out to me in the hall. I don't have time for this so, I blatantly ignore them. They seem to get the obvious hint but, still, keep trying. They're saying things to me, practically yelling at the moment but, it get drowned by my thoughts of being free. They can't get me off schedule. My friend Adam looks hurt and confused while Emily has a premonition on why I'm doing this.

I did tell her once on how I felt but, she just said, "I think you just being melodramatic, Daniel."

We never spoke about it again, I did think she was right though but, she could ever be so wrong. I could tell Adam was getting angry at me. I was so close to but, Adam grabbed onto my shoulder and I feel like I"m on the verge of tears. He notices but, before he asks what's wrong, I shove him off of me and get to my car as quickly as I can.

I go to my favorite coffee shop and have my favorite and last cup of coffee. It's rather sad that I'm never going to have this again but, everyone has to make sacrifices to get what they want and for me that's death. I savor the dark roast and sip on it for one last time. I got up and left the swanky little shop and turn the corner to see the homeless man. He's always here to bad I never got his name, maybe I'll see him in heaven well if there really is on. I take out my wallet and give him every dollar and dime I have. He looks so shocked that he could've had a heart attack. I got in my car and drove home.

I get to my house and decide to put on all of my favorite clothes. I want to go out in style. I get everything my favorite shirt which is a dark gray dress shirt, my burgundy skinny jeans, my pineapple socks, and my black converses. I put on black eyeliner then I know my looks complete. I look at myself in the mirror and wonder how I got to this point in my life? I look at the clock 8:30, perfect. I go out of my room and go towards the door before, taking one last glance at my house. It looks sad in my eyes but, in everyone else's view, it looks perfect. I see the family photos on the wall, none of them have pictures of me well, where the actually look like me, not the fake me. I go into the night and head to my car for the last time.

I call my mom struggling to hold back the tears but, it goes to voicemail. Dammit, why can't she just answer her phone just once? Well, at least she could regret it the rest of her pitiful life. I say goodbye, crying nonstop. I finally reach my work building with dry tears on my flushed face. I walk in waving to Joe, the security guard. Luckily, he doesn't notice my grim face.

I start to go up the elevator looking at the ceiling the entire time. I hear the ding and step out, seeing the roof of the building. I feel a slight buzz in my back pocket obviously coming from my phone. I guess my mom listened to the voicemail. I chuck it across the floor.

    I walk towards the edge and look down at the microscopic people. They're all just trying to survive and thrive in this sad, big world. I take a deep breath and say...

Goodbye