Awake

My first day awake was filled with nurses going in and out, doctors whispering in the hall.

           I was told by a doctor a shrink was going to visit me. Of course they didn't say when, just to expect it. I tried to bullshit my way out of it but it's not like I'm busy, sadly.

--------------

           I was watching Shahs of Sunset on the tiny little rectangle one would call a T.V. in my room. When a women. Blonde, short that looked around her mid-forties walked in. The shrink I've been dreading to see all day.

"Hi Daniel, my name's Casey. I'm here to talk to you but to mostly keep you company." she said with a little wink at the end. She grabbed a chair from the corner of the room and put it in front of my hospital bed.

"Of course you can some in! Thanks for asking!" I stated back, tilting my head to the side.

She chuckled to herself. "Yes, thank you." she said in between her stifle.

"So, how are you doing with being in the hospital all day?" Finally, a decent conversation instead of the nurse's meaning-less small talk.

"It's boring as hell. The nurses here try to start small talk as they're checking my vitals. I don't know why. I'm fine, I'm not going to drop dead." Yes, I did say it, I love and hate myself.

"They're only paid so much. Have you talked to you family or friends? I heard they were here.

"My family is scared of me." Yeah, because I yelled at them and they were practically quaking when I stopped.

"Why do you bite?" She said with a smile on her face.

"For a matter of fact I do." I crossed my arm or at least I tried to, the cast didn't help much. "Yeah, I get quite animalistic. You should see me at Thanksgiving." I added with a grin.

"How about your friends?" She looked at me, making brief eye contact.

"I doubt they know I'm here. They keep texting and calling me though. I'm just kind of over them." I said, ending that conversation.

           Before I knew it, we were just talking like normal people. Not once did she mention the fact I jumped off a building.

I guess I can tolerate her.

Maybe

------------------

I know it was short but hey, at least I did something. Right?