Chapter 1: Weeping in the cold (Anthony's POV)

-Chapter 1: Weeping in the cold (Anthony's POV)-

I couldn't stay in an empty hotel room any longer; I had no one to talk with, no one to be with, I just couldn't entertain myself in a lonely room.

It just seems so...quiet...

So I decided to head out, and go to the Central Park to walk around the snow for a bit. I need to get my thoughts fixed.

I need some space.

I need some air.

After arriving at the park, I roamed around and examined the beautiful scenery covered in snow. The scenery made me smile.

I always thought snow was beautiful, who doesn't?

I need to straighten out my thoughts.

I just couldn't accept it.

Maybe it was just the snow and the pressure in this city. I know I'm not that kind of guy, but these strange feelings just came out of nowhere. It quickly spread through my mind like a virus.

When Kalel broke up with me that night, my life was just over. I felt numb.

I never really thought Kalel would do something to me like that.

But she just did...

But at that same night, some part of me relieved.

I don't know why...

A cold breeze blew and few drops of snow landed on my head.

I had enough of walking around the park for now, but I'm still too lazy to go back to my hotel room, so I decided to look for a bench to rest on.

After passing some trees and lights, I finally came across a bench.

But someone else was sitting on the bench; it was weird seeing someone else out here in the middle of the night.

What was weirder: I knew who this person was, judging by his bowly-shaped hair, pale skin and crystal blue eyes.

It was Ian, sitting alone on the park bench, being only lit by a lamppost near him, eyes red and teary, covered in snow.

I hesitated to walk towards him, but I quickly reminded myself that he was still my best friend and I hated seeing him like this.

Plus, I need to know why he's sobbing in the cold.

I took a deep breath, and slowly walked to him; carefully sliding next to him.

His back was turned and he kept sobbing softly; he probably didn't know I was right beside him.

I coughed lightly to get his attention and softly said "I-Ian?" he slightly flinched when I lightly placed my hand on his shoulder.

He slowly turned; his eyes where really red and swollen with tears.

He used his forearm to quickly wipe his tears away and sniffled.

"O-Oh, hi Anthony...didn't see you there..." he said in a fragile voice. He tried his best to cover his tears away; he was doing a terrible job.

"Ian, what's wrong? Did something happen?" I said, being a little straight-forward.

He tried to pull a weary smile, but failed. "W-What are you talking about? What makes you think something happened? N-Nothing happened... h-honest..." he said, stuttering.

I pulled in a concerned look, and then Ian's face fell.

He turned away and stared at his snow-covered feet.

He was silent for a second, and then he finally spoke. "Melanie and I had a big fight..." he said.

My eyes widened. Despite the feelings rambling around my head and heart, I knew I had to feel bad for Ian, I can see it in his eyes that he loved Melanie very much and he was always happy with her being around, just as I was with Kalel.

But now he looked fragile and completely broken, this was unlike him.

"W-What? Why?" I asked, totally in shock.

He softly sighed, leaned back and closed his eyes; he made it completely obvious that he didn't want to talk about it. I tried my best to take those words back "I-I'm so sorry, Ian...I didn't know..." I slowly turned away and looked down.

Silence filled the park; we were just sitting there for several minutes; covered in snow.

Just the two of us...

I felt comfortable with the silence, but I knew I needed say something.

I softly sighed, "Ian...it's okay, it's been done. You have to get over her."

That  was probably the last thing I wanted to say, I didn't know why I said that, it came out of nowhere. I heard him sigh.

"You don't know..." he said. I turned to him, he was shaking his head.

"You don't know how much it hurts, I can't get over it, I can't get over her ...the pain, constant stabbing in my heart, how I lost her...just like that...you don't know..." he said, a bit furiously.

I looked down for a sec, thinking about what he just said, then I knitted my eyebrows; I felt anger, stirring up inside me.

"You're wrong..." I mumbled. I looked back up, staring into Ian confused face. "You're wrong. You think I didn't know how you felt? You think I've never felt pain? You think I've never felt the pain, losing the only girl I loved? Well, you're wrong!" I shouted, Ian flinched a little and his face fell, again.

He looked away, back at his feet.

I felt guilty, just saying that into Ian's broken hearted face "I-Ian... I didn't... I'm so-"

"No, it's okay. You're right, I'm sorry. I almost forgot about Kalel..." he softly said then chuckled a bit "Heh, so I guess we're in the same boat, huh?"

Now my heart felt really heavy. "Ian, no. I'm sorry; I snapped... it was just... I was..." I stopped half-sentence and just sighed. "I'm really sorry Ian..." I said.

He shook his head, "There's nothing to be sorry about...it's really my fault, I'm the one who snapped. I just couldn't take the pressure...I just couldn't accept losing Melanie... I just couldn't accept my feelings, or control them..." he said.

If only he could see right through me...

He smiled and turned to me, his eyes were sparkling. "I appreciate you being here with me, you know...comforting me. I've honestly never had a best friend like you, who's always been there for me whenever I feel down." he chuckled softly and looked away.

"You know the feeling that you love someone, but they love someone else or  you're not even sure they love you back?" he said.

"..."

"Well, I know I've felt that, way back when I first met Melanie... I know you  probably did too, with-" he quickly turned back to face me but was interrupted by a pair of lips, brushing against his.

_____________________________________

A/N: Smooth moves, Anthony :P SO! Did you like it? If you did, lemme know what you think about it! Rate and comment to let me know someone cares about this story! :D

This story would be, I guess you could say, slow paced. And it would be kind of short but I hope you guys like it anyway :D

Story inspired by the songs: "Learing From The Night" by Sent by Ravens and "The Scientist" by Coldplay :))