Chapter 27: First Doctors Appointment

After finding out we were having a baby, Renee set me up with the doctor who delivered all four of her children. My doctors appointment was set for the following Monday at 10am, I was so nervous just thinking about it! The weekend passed by and it was finally the day of my appointment. Booboo and I drove off to the doctor leaving everyone at home but promising to let them know how it goes. Dr. Chloe Bernard's office was located in the Beverly Hills Hospital about 15 minutes away from his house on the 2nd floor. We parked the car and walked into the hospital more nervous than before pushing the button for the elevator. The elevator on the left dinged for us to get on and go to the floor we need. A little girl and her dad got on with us, she was carrying a balloon that read "Its a Boy!". "2nd floor please." She said politely before turning around to see who was on there with her. "Daddy its Booboo Stewart and Madison!" She gasped pulling at her dads pants leg. "She is such a huge fan." He exclaimed to us. We gave her our autographs and took some pictures with her. Her name is Claire, she is 7 years old and just had a baby brother named Jay being born. "Well we are here to go see our baby.'" I told her. "Really?" She asked surprised. "Yep." I replied putting my hand on my stomach getting her all excited. The elevator dinged for us to get off and we all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Booboo opened the door for the doctors office and we both walked in. I signed my name at the desk, sat down in a nearby chair and waited for my name to be called. A few minutes later the door opened and a young looking nurse called my name to follow her back into one of the rooms. She did my weight, and told me to undress my waist and cover up with the thin sheet. Doing as I was told, I got up on the table and waited for Dr. Bernard to come in. Booboo pulled a chair up beside the table and held onto my hand tightly. "I can't believe this is happening." I said putting my head on his shoulder. "I know, I'm so excited." He told me. There was a knock on the door startling us both from the sweet moment and in walked Dr. Bernard. She had to be in her late 50's early 60's, she had brown hair specked with gray, brown frame glasses and blue eyes. She was wearing a lab coat over a blue dress shirt with dress pants and heels. When she saw Booboo sitting there she immediately set her stuff down to give him a hug. "Booboo oh my goodness look at you all grown up and so handsome." She gasped. "This is Madison my girlfriend." He introduced us. "Renee told me that you needed an appointment, its so good to meet you." She replied shaking my hand. "Its good to meet you too." I replied back. "I was Renees doctor through out all 4 of her pregnancies, I delivered all of them even this 6 pound 8 ounce cutie." She told me pinching Booboos cheek making me giggle and him blush. She got down to business asking me the serious questions of "When was your last period?" and "How are you feeling?" I answered her with the date of my last one and how I have morning sickness so bad I cant eat or drink anything. She wrote my answered down in her computer before getting to the examination part. A nurse named Kelly came with a little portable ultrasound machine and to help Dr. Bernard.  She had me get on the edge of the table and spread my legs as far as they would go, explaining this type of ultrasound is whats used when the baby is small. The wand was awkardly inserted and moved around until the baby popped up on the screen. "Well what a surprise." She told us zooming in. "What is it?" I asked trying to look at the screen. "Congrats there are 2 in there." She told us moving the screen so where we could see what she was pointing at. Her finger was pointing at 2 little blobs several inches apart from each other, they looked like little peanuts. "Oh my gosh." I gasped looking at Booboo who had tears in his eyes. "Twins, oh my gosh." He replied wiping his eyes. "You are 8 weeks and 2 days along, your due date will be November 14th." She told me. "Sage will be happy, that's her birthday." Booboo replied chucking. She congratulated us again before explaining everything I needed to  know about my pregnancy. When she was finished, she exited the room so I could get redressed before making another appointment. My next appointments would be every 4 weeks until I am further along. We would be able to find out what they are early if we wanted to. We headed home excited to let everyone know about the appointment, and surprise them with the pictures we got. As soon as we got inside, the girl bombarded us with questions about the doctor. "Go get mom and dad, and we all sit down and tell you." Booboo told them. Sage ran off to go get Renee and Booboo Sr while Fivel and Meagan followed us into the living room to sit down. Sage, Renee and Booboo Sr came back a few  minutes later joining us. "So you guys are probably wondering how the appointment went." I told them. "Yes." Sage replied excitedly.  "Well I am 8 weeks due November 14th." I replied back. "Yes my birthday!" Sage replied clapping her hands. "But that's not all." I told them handing them the ultrasound photos. "What is that-" Fivel asked. "Twins yes." I answered her. "Oh my gosh, your having twins!" Renee gasped with tears in her eyes. "I know it was a shock for us both."I replied squeezing Booboos hand. "Yay more babies to spoil." Meagan said."Congrats I'm happy for you both." Booboo Sr. told us getting up to hug us. I called everyone else and when I announced it was twins, there was alot more excitement. Night time approched and we headed upstairs to get ready for bed. Laying in the bed, Booboo was rubbing his hand over my belly talking to our little peanuts making me smile. "Your going to be such a good dad." I told him. "Your going to be good mom." He replied smiling at me. I signed thinking of what the next 9 months will be like and even after they are born.