Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Kayleigh Bevan: Part 1

I fiddled with the money that I found in my roommate's room. I searched through this new girl, Kayleigh's, wallet to find she only keeps credit cards and ID. I stayed in the room and listened until the person wandering around the apartment left until I wandered into her room. I found a twenty dollar bill resting against her jewelry box.

I also found a pen on top of her dresser. I wrote thirty-three Ventura on my arm before I pulled my sleeve up to cover it.

I repeated the address in my mind for the rest of the day I was Courtney. I was relieved that I remembered the number when I woke up as Kayleigh.

I waited in the line to pick up two coffees before I headed to this man's house. I tapped my foot as I waited in the long line. When I finally got to the front, I ordered two black coffees. I assumed this man could add whatever he liked to it when I got to his house.

The cold air whipped through my blonde hair as I stepped outside holding the tray of coffee. I looked down each side of the street. It looked familiar from yesterday, but I still did not know where I was. Kayleigh's phone and computer had a password, so I could not try to look up directions before I left.

People passed by me, but they all had headphones on. I reached out to touch a girl's shoulder as she walked by. She spun around and slid her headphones down around her neck. She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Sorry, to bother you," I said, putting a fake smile on. "Do you know where Ventura Street is?"

The girl shook her head. "Sorry, I don't."

She slid her headphones back over her ears and kept walking. I let out a deep breath. I could just start walking in one direction, but I risk the chance of walking in the wrong direction. I would be late, and the coffee would be cold. This guy seems like he'll be more upset with the latter.

"Excuse me, Miss," I heard a voice call from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see a man walking up to me. His long dark hair was hidden mostly with a hat. He had a grey sweater on under a denim jacket. A coffee cup was in his hand. He gave me a smirk before he brought the cup up to his lips.

His face seemed so familiar to me. His dark green eyes, pale skin, and dimples were something that I had seen before. He must be part of my life. My actual life. He must know who I really am.

My jaw must have been hanging open because he chuckled when he lowered his coffee cup.

"I overheard that you're looking for Ventura Street," he said.

"I am," I said. "Do you know how to get there?"

"Yes, I actually live there, and I am heading home. Let me show you."

Leaving with a stranger would usually be a bad idea. It would be something that I would probably have never done in my life. Since I have been these girls, I am not really afraid of stranger danger. My biggest fear was that this was someone in Kayleigh's life that I am unaware of. I needed to get to this man's house, and I refused to wander through the cold streets all day.

"Thank you," I said. "I would like that."

I followed beside the man as he walked down the sidewalk. The plaid scarf I found in Kayleigh's room was blowing in the wind. I tried to hold it down with my free hand as we walked. I could feel the hairs blowing out of my bun that I had messily tied back.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"Kayleigh," I said. I wish I could give him the real answer. "How about you?"

icon lock

Show your support for Mason FitzGibbon, and continue reading this story

by Mason FitzGibbon
@masonfitzzy
Each day she wakes up in a different body, not knowing who she is, an...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 28 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @masonfitzzy.