Love that Kills

Chapter One

It was a warm night  in Corpus Kristi,Tx as Shanna lie in her bed in chills recapping the events of the night over and over in her mind. What was she thinking?What made her go to the delapidated cabin by the lake with Corey that night? Why had she told him that Joseph came on to her knowing his temper? No matter how hard she thought,nothing could change the events of the night.

  Earlier that week.....

  Shanna sat in her room,ipad in hand as she sat trying to study. The phone rang.One quick look at the caller id told her Corey was calling.

"Hello snookums!",Shanna said into the reciever.

"Hello yourself hun.So,tell me what are you doing right now?",Corey replied.

"Well,I'm lying on my bed with a pink teddy on,matching lace trimmed stilletos waiting on you to come through."she said enticingly.

"Aww,Shanna don't talk that way,you make me want to jump through the phone and straight on you.But,seriously what are youdoing?"responded Corey.

"I'm trying to study for the finals before graduation with no such luck".

"Well,toss those notes and books to the side hot stuff and let's roll!"Corey said.

Shanna didn't have to think twice about leaving with Corey.Corey was her new bad boy boyfriend relationship all of two months and she was already head over hills for him.Her friends tried to warn her of his bad boy ways,but to Shanna there was just something about that bad boy mentality.Not to mention his lean figure.Six feet three,intense blue eyes,sandy brown hair...enough said.

Shanna quickly showered,put on a bit of lip gloss and her tightest skinny jeans.

"Shanna where are you going on a Monday evening?You should be studying for your exams.I swear these days I don't know you anymore.And honey,those jeans are so tight that if you had cellulite you'd see every lump and bump",her mother said.

"Chill out mom,I'm eighteen now and can do as I please,wear what i please.As for studying,it's under wraps.Geesh!",she spat back.

"Whatever Shanna.What happened to my sweet angel girl that never disrespected her mother?"

"That girl died when you decided to leave dad".Shanna said

Her mother said nothing back.She knew it was a battle she could not beat.

  Fifteen minutes later......

"Corey,where are we going?"

"It's a surprise sugar lips"Corey replied.

Shanna trusted Corey with her whole heart,so she didn't worry.Although,Corey had been acting a bit strange lately.He'd always had a jealous streak that Shanna found cute.But,he had recently yelled at a guy at the mall because he thought he saw the guy staring at Shanna's butt.

A few minutes later,they pulled into the lot of a Hampton Inn

"You are going to stay an official night with me."Corey said.

"But,I have school tomorrow and finals the day after that,"Shanna protested.

"Be cool baby,be cool.I love you and missing school tomorrow won't hurt.I promise.Get on the phone and call Savannah and have her tell your mom you are staying with her tonight.Okay?"

Shanna was weak for Corey.One look in those intensely blue eyes,and he could almost covince her to murder.

"Okay,I'll call her,then mom",Shanna said.