Dinner

Christina pov

I was oddly nervous for this dinner to go well. I really like Y/n in the short time we met her. Nick was also coming to dinner. ugh don't get me wrong he is a good guy but i just don't love him.I know its wrong to date him but my dad loves him.  I looked in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs. Once i got their i saw Mom and Dad their welcoming Y/n at the door. "Hey Y/n " i said walking up to them. "hey Christina" as she said that Nick came up the steps "hey there he is" my dad said as he and nick did a bro hug thing. We all made our way inside to the diner table. All the other kids came down and we started diner. "So Y/n where are you from?" my dad asked "oh well I'm from Canada but the food is great lynne" she said trying to change the subject. She was doing that earlier today always avoiding questions about her. i guess ill ask later. We continued diner with some light chatting. After diner all the other kids had plans so they left it was just me, mom, dad, nick and Y/n . Nick had to get on a plane to leave for a meeting out of town so he left shortly after. "Hey christina do you want to hang out with me?" "sure" we walked back to her house and hung out in her living room. It was awesome to say the least. She was so easy to talk to. I might have some feeling for her but i can't act on it so. My family would totally flip plus I'm with nick and she is probably straight. I decided to ask her why she was so against her past. "So Y/n i know we haven't known each other for long but why  do you always change the subject when we talk about your past? you don't have to answer was just curious" "no um its fine... i don't have the best past you could say i guess.  " "oh I'm sorry " we both sat in silence for a few moments before i said "i should probably go " "ok um ill see you later i guess" "yeah bye" "bye" she said. With that i left to my house and went to my room. I went to sleep heart aching for how sad Y/n looked when thinking but also thinking about her past and how bad it must have been.