Chapter One || The Prince and the Cat

YaoiTora_Chan's Notes: Well, this is it. The moment we're all been waiting for. Chapter one! I am actually pretty excited and before you guys read this chapter, I'd like to dedicate it to Yukime_Chan because she was a HUGE help with this first chapter and is currently still being a huge help. Basically half the credit goes to her as far as the writing goes. I just wanted to dedicate this chapter to her and thank her because she's awesome and my new friend :)
We have lots of ideas for this story and you'll find that out as you read it! So, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Because I can honestly say, I'm proud of how it turned out. :)

Disclaimer: Yukime_Chan and I do not own the servamp anime/manga story line or the Servamp anime characters. Generally speaking, we own nothing except the ideas that flow from our brains into the story :) The idea is fully my own but I say it's ours now because why not? xD
-
Chapter 1
"Mahiru-sama," A young maid with short light purple hair said softly as she knocked on the bedroom door, "We have prepared a breakfast to your liking and it is waiting for you in the dining hall."

Silence.

"Mahiru-sama?"

After several attempts, she slowly opened the door and peeked inside to find it completely vacant. Everything was in order, his bed made and his desk clutter free; all of it couldn't be more simple. She glanced over at the closet door, which had been sloppily left cracked open. To confirm her suspicions, she opened the door only to discover the prince's cloak missing.

"Disappearing... That's a problem."
-
A young brunette peeks his head out from behind a tree in a ridiculously large garden and peers inside through the windows. Maids and butlers frantically ran around the castle, seemingly looking for something.

Damn, that was fast. I better hurry. He lifts his hood up over his head to hide his hair and sneaks through the rose bushes to the palace wall. An old giant sakura tree waiting to bloom grew right alongside the castle wall. After checking to make sure the coast is clear, the young brunette begins his assent.

Success! He thought as he hopped down on the other side of the wall. After doing a small victory pose and checking his surrounding once more, he quickly made his way down to the village nearby.

The young man squeezed through the crowd as he walked down the main street. The villagers beamed with enthusiasm and the street was decorated in bright, vibrant colors. Excitement and laughter filled the air. Preparations for the biggest annual event of the year were underway: The Festival of Magic.

The brunette, after managing to push his way through the swarm of festive people, reached his destination; a small shop at the edge of town that filled the air with the smell of fresh baked goods.

He peeked his head inside and smiled. "You look busy as usual? Need a hand Koyuki?"

Koyuki spun around quickly, hands full with a tray of freshly baked cookies, his large chocolate eyes wide with shock.

"M-Mahiru-sama! What are you doing here!? I-I didn't get a letter saying that you'd be visiting the village." Koyuki exclaimed, but his shocked expression shifted to one of concern.

Confused, Mahiru arched his eyebrow and tilted his head, "What's wrong?"

"Huh, oh, it's just..." Koyuki paused, carefully thinking of the right words to say to his friend, "We are very grateful that you come all the way here to visit us, but... Well, you being the prince and all, we really don't want you putting yourself in danger." Koyuki said, eyes full of worry.

Surprised, Mahiru blushed lightly, scratching the back of his head. "I'm sorry, Koyuki. I don't mean to worry you and the others. I just wanted to see how the festival preparations were coming along." Koyuki sighed and smiled softly, handing Mahiru a cookie from his tray.