Chapter 8: Jealousy II

Yamaguchi still has not told Tsukishima about his girlfriend. Weren't best friends not supposed to keep secrets from each other? Yamaguchi kept disappearing too. Even without Yamaguchi telling him, Tsukishima knew Yamaguchi went to find the girl. Tsukishima puts his head on the table and stares out the window into the clear blue sky.

Tsukishima wakes to someone patting him on the shoulder. "Tsukki, Tsukki!" He hears. He slowly opens his eyes. Yamaguchi waves a hand at the blurry Tsukishima. "Yamaguchi? What do you want?" Tsukishima then notices a girl standing beside his friend. "This is my new friend, Kajima Yuki, also the one who has been writing all the letters I told you about." "Oh." "Hi, I'm Kajima Yuki. I've heard alot about Tsukishima-kun from Tadashi-kun." She extends a hand for Tsukishima to shake and Tsukishima takes it for a brief moment before withdrawing his hand to take out his textbooks. An awkward silence passes before the bell rings, signalling the end of lunch. Yuki waves goodbye to the both of them and heads back to her classroom next door.

Tsukishima finds it hard to listen for the rest of the day's lessons. He stares outside the window, doodling on his paper. So Yamaguchi and Ka...Kajima were on first name terms huh and he whom Yamaguchi had been friends with for near a decade is still stuck with a silly nickname of Tsukki. Tsukishima feels discomfort in his chest again. He turns back to focus on his lessons. To him, getting overly concerned with his near broken friendship is...worthless. If it is already going to be broken, it means someone is not putting in enough effort. Even if he tries to salvage the relationship, Yamaguchi will not come back now that he has a girlfriend.