Dance With Me? - Adam Park

"So Kim, you and Tommy are going to the dance together tonight?" Kim nodded at Aisha, both girls smiling. Billy was going with a really kind girl, Aisha was looking to go with an old friend who was visiting, and Rocky has had his eye on a specific girl for a while now. 

"Adam? Colyn? What about you guys? Are you guys going to ask a special someone?" 

"Um, well I'm still debating on whether or not I should try and ask him. I mean if I don't I'll be spared the embarrassment when he says no." I told Kim and Aisha, laughing towards the end. 

"You should just ask! I mean what's the harm in a simple question?" Kim told me, with Aisha interjecting.

 "Who is it anyway?" 

"I think you missed the whole embarrassment part of that sentence Kim. Also, I'm probably not going to ask him." I stated, ignoring Aisha's question.

"Okay, but still, what about you Adam? 

"Kind of, yeah, maybe." And a nanosecond later he changed his answer, for the fourth time. "No." And once again, "Well yeah, but she wouldn't like me back. I don't think I'm even gonna go. You all have dates, and I don't really want to be standing in a corner alone. Unless Lynn decides to go, but social gatherings aren't really her thing." 

"Ask her! Both of you! Ask them!" Kim interjected, mentioning between me and Adam like a crazy lady.

"She's got a point guys, I mean honestly. What's the harm in just asking, 'Hey wanna go to the dance tonight?'" Rocky spoke up for the first time.

"Embarrassment. That's what." He laughed at my face of horror. 

"Colyn?, I know you don't want to ask him. So if you don't, are you still going to the dance?" Billy asked me, speaking for the first time in this whole conversation. 

"I don't know, maybe. As Adam said, I don't wanna be standing in the corner alone while you guys are all off having fun with your dates."

"So you two should go, you can hang out together whenever someone else isn't around. You guys are best friends, go as that." 

Adam smiled a bit, "Yeah, I'll go in that case. Lynn, what do you think?"

"Yeah, I won't be as socially awkward if I got a friend by my side." 

"Yes! This is gonna be awesome! Both of you are coming!" Both of us nodded at Rocky. 

There was silence for a moment before Billy broke it. "Sorry guys but I have to head over and help Ernie set up. I'll see you guys later." There were a few goodbyes and waves as he left the table and walked up to the counter. 

"I've got to go too, I'm meeting up with my friend before the dance. Bye!" There were some more goodbyes and waves as Aisha left. Aisha seemed to give Kimberly and Rocky a look from the door, then walked out.

"We should head out too, right Tommy?" 

"What? Oh um, yeah." He seemed confused as Kim pulled him away. 

"Hey, you two, I'm going to go find Diana and ask her about the dance before it's too late. See you soon!" We said goodbye, and Rocky winked at us. What a strange guy.

A few minutes passed before I or Adam said anything to each other. 

"Lynn?" I hummed for Adam to continue. "I was just, uh, wondering, if you- you don't have to tell me, but who were you, going to ask?" 

"No one important. Don't worry about it, really." He frowned.

"Well I should probably get going, sorry."