Tomboy-Rocky DeSantos

I sat in my chair, half listening to the teacher drone, half just thinking about my life right now. My best friends were the freaking power rangers, and I happen to be one of them. I looked around my seat to see them all, Tommy sitting next to Kim, holding hands, paying close attention to the lesson. Aisha was talking to Adam about a project coming up, and Billy was doing his homework for a different class, what a rebel. Then there was Rocky. The great Rocco Rocky. A boy who went after beautiful girls who wore skirts and had long flowing hair. Not girls like me with my hair up to my collarbones and pinned back with a bandanna. Not girls who wore ripped jeans and t-shirts daily, girls who didn't wear makeup. I'm the girl who will go out and skate, or hike, not play dress up. The girl that Rocky's not looking for.

Today after school, well when this period ends, I'm supposed to go meet up with Aisha and Kim at the park. We were going to do some homework so I don't understand why they don't want anyone else to come with us.

"Jenna! Are you paying any attention to anything? Girly, the bell rang almost two minutes ago!" I looked up to see Rocky looking down at me.

"Girly?"

"Mmmhmm, now Aisha and Kim wanted to go talk to you about who knows what, they already left though." Then he started mumbling to himself, something about them not wanting him to be at the park with us.

"'We're doing homework Rocky' then why can't I go?" I laughed at Rocky while putting my things away in my backpack.

"Thanks, but I gotta go, see you later dude!" Rocky smiled at me and waved as I ran out the door.

Oh my Zordon! He smiled at me. I think I may just melt! Rocky DeSantos, the greatest human alive, just smiled at me! Calm down Jenna, he's your friend, that's a normal thing.

It only took me about ten minutes to run to the park, and find the two girls.

"Jenna! How's Rocky?" Aisha and Kim spoke in terrifying symmetry, and I'm not sure I ever want to hear it again. I looked at the two with wide eyes before they laughed at me.

"Why Rocky? What about me, huh? Why not ask how I'm doing? What's wrong with me?" Kim laughed at my rambling before Aisha broke it.

"Because we know you like the boy!" My jaw dropped. No-they didn't know? Did they? WAIT A MINUTE, DID THEY TELL ROCKY?! IS THAT WHY HE WAS THE ONE THAT STAYED AFTER CLASS?! I SWEAR-

"Jenna you look like you just had a heart attack."

"Yeah are you okay?"

"How did you, like know? And did you tell, you know, like tell him?" Aisha shook her head.

"That's our secret Jen, and no, we didn't." Quickly Kim added to that statement.

"No we didn't, but you will. Rocky's at the Youth Center now with Adam, talking about Zordon knows what. And you're going to go skate or run there and tell the boy you love him. Because have you seen the way that boy looks at you?"

"Jenna that boy is head over heels for you, he'd do anything for you, and I mean anything."

"He likes me? Yeah that's a funny joke! Rocky liking me? When the town is full of beautiful girly girls, and I look like I'm a man? Yeah sure he loves me." While trying to get my point across I watched Aisha and Kim look at me as if I was insane.

"That doesn't matter! We all love you for you, why wouldn't Rocky? I mean look at you? So what if you have shorter hair, and less makeup? That does not change the way me, Kim, Adam, Tommy, Billy, or Rocky see you. Now, you're going to go get your butt over to talk to Rocky or I will drag you there myself. I have known Rocky since we were tiny and believe me, that boy loves you right back. Now go or I swear me and Kim are going to start planning with Adam to get you two together." I scoffed.

"Adam loves me! He's not gonna scheme behind my back! We're besties, he's like my brother! No way!"

"We're very persuasive, Jenna." Fact is, I know Adam would. He's the only one I've told about this crush thing willingly, and he's been attempting to push me into Rocky for weeks now.

"Fine. I'll go."

"You better. We'll find out if you don't go, believe me." Kim gave me an expecting look. I nodded at her before grabbing my things and sprinting away.

******

Oh my Rita Repulsa, am I actually going to do this? I can't do this. What am I doing?

Just as I was about to turn towards the door, Adam spotted me. Damn.

"Jenna! Come sit for a minute, would you?" I sighed and went to go sit by the two boys.

"Hey Jenna! Perfect timing! You can keep Rocky company while I head out for a minute, gotta go call my mom." Adam smiled before running to the hallway that no one ever uses, except us when we get a beep beep from our communicators.

After Adam left, I turned towards Rocky. Oh my he's better looking up close. I never dare sit next to him knowing I'd probably die.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Um yeah, I'm good. What about you? How's you and whatever you were conversing about with Adam?" I inwardly screamed at how stupid and awkward I was being.

Before Rocky could answer, with Aisha's and Kim's threats running through my mind, I turned around from Rocky. Smacked myself in the forehead, and turned back to him.

"What was-"

"I like you."

"Wha-?"

"No, no like I like you? Like a lot I guess? I mean like I was threatened if I didn't tell you." I spoke fast, without letting him get a word in. "Yeah like you're great and beautiful and have great soft looking hair, and like your eyes shine, and you have this like sparkly smile that makes me melt? And like I don't know? You're a sweetheart and it sucks you would never ever even think about liking me back because like I'm me? Like you'd go for these pretty pink princesses and I'm this purple not so pretty not so princess." And before I could say more and embarrass myself even more, I stood up and turned to sprint out the door.

Someone grabbed my arm before I could.

"Jenna. Stop. Breathe." I didn't even realize I wasn't breathing right. "I like you too." My eyes widened to like the size of the moon. I swear, Rita could build a new castle on them.

"Jenna you're such a sweet girl, and I love watching you run and play sports with us while Kim and Aisha watch. It makes you unique, and it's always more fun to have you involved. When you joined the team, I nearly had a heart attack because you were always the girl I looked at from the other side of the room and wanted to punch myself for not talking to. So no, I don't like you Jenna. I love you." He starred at my face for awhile, and I started back at him in shock. Then I did the first thing that came to mind.

I slammed myself into his chest and grabbed onto his shirt, hugging the living daylights out of the poor boy. Rocky laughed and wrapped his arms around me too.

After a minute he pulled me away from him and started at me again.

"Jenna?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you?" I didn't waste time after that. I leaned up and kissed him, and let me tell you. It felt like the world was exploding. It would be perfectly fine with me if the whole world froze right now, with me in Rocky's arms and Adam peeking around the corner watching us.

Wait. What? I pulled further from Rocky to stare at Adam, who was still in the hallway, but peeking around the corner watching what we were doing. And Rocky seemed to notice him too.

"Dude! What are you doing?"

Adam started walking over to us, before we got a beep beep telling us we've got some trouble.

"You two are adorable by the way."

"Adam I swear,"