hold on

Ezra's pov

Seconds turned into minutes
Minutes turned into hours.

The visibility of the day was followed by the horrifying darkness of night.

Everyone left hours ago not daring to help me by going against the Alpha kings son's order.

My lips were getting cracks from dryness ,forcing me to moisten them with my tongue again and again.
My arms which were tied behind me around the bark, were now numb with pain and rigidity.

I closes my eyes to escape from this harsh reality .

When a person gets caught in a hopeless scenario as mine one usually thinks of the happy memories one has,those smiling faces cross their minds ,those giggles enter their ears ,and memories of those who love him  give him strength.

But in my case those little happy times I had in my 17 years of life were eclipsed by the horrers I had faced .

I was too young to remember those happy memories I spent with my family.
I try to remember the faces of those who brought me into this world but with time I feel like my memory of their faces is also getting blurred away.

I can only remember those black eyes of my mom when she used to look at me like they were seeing their world in my eyes.
I remember that smiling face of my Dad when I used to climb on his back and demand a piggy back ride to my room.

But other than few other good memories everything else has faded away .

Except the bad ones.

Those blood curling screams, those flowing pools of blood, those begging cries still evade my memory like they happened yesterday only.

Those memories were worst than my present so I opened my eyes to enjoy this peace .

Silence surrounds me just like the darkness which envolops this no moon night.
Not even a single soul is present within 20 miles radius and I am all alone just like always.

My legs are giving out with every passing second just like my strength to hold on.
It's like energy has left my body forcing me to close my eyes and go to sleep.

This thought was appealing but deadly as well, who knows if I will see tomorrows daylight.

I was fighting against sleep which according to me was tougher than killing a person.

A low growl entered my ears forcing me to look around in high alert.

Maybe my condition was making me a prey to hallucinations because I could not see any one around me.

I relaxed realising that no sane person  would be here at 4 o clock at night.

But my relief was short lived as I heard another growl.

I looked ahead to see shining eyes staring at me.
But that was not all.
Nearly 10 similar eyes were staring at me as a prey which was prepared just for them.

I gulped realising that today there is no escape.
These rogues are insane and within minutes my body will be shredded into pieces.

Hungry growls were breaking the silence of the forest and making me struggle in the constraining chains.

"Help!
Someone... please help me!!!
HELP!!

My screams were getting louder and desperate as my predators stepped towards me.

PLEAS..SE!!!!

HE...LPPPPPP!!

This was the most I could do ,my screams died down just like my hope of survival.
I close my eyes among those roars of thirst for blood to see those black eyes of my mom staring at me and her lips repeating those words which she once said to me