(Title-Less for the time being)

Rick had to be taken to surgery immediately. Through everything, he had major blood loss. He would definitely have a scar on his shoulder for the rest of his life. The bullet had gone right through his shoulder, making the bleeding worse. Shane had managed to apply pressure to the wound until the hospital. After surgery, Lori had seen that he slipped into a coma. Andrea was helping Lori get him into a room so that they could set up IV's and whatnot. They both helped him onto the bed, where Lori quickly poked his arm, getting the IV in. The heart monitor began to beep as Andrea put the pads on. 

"I'm so sorry this happened.." Andrea mumbled, putting the last pad on.

Lori was still in shock, but glad that her husband was alive. She looked up at Andrea finally, teary eyed.  "Uh.. thank you." She said in a voice that held back tears. 

Andrea smiled a bit. Lori then stopped, remembering something. She couldn't do it alone. She had to tell her son, Carl, that his father'd been shot. Lori looked back at Andrea, wiping an eye.

"Could you.. tell Shane to go to the school?" Lori asked, picking up her clipboard.

Andrea nodded a bit. "Sure.. anything. He's still in the waiting room, right?" She asked, quietly.

"Yes." Lori said, wiping her other eye. 

Andrea nodded again. "Alright, I'll go tell him." Andrea said, walking out of the room quickly.

She walked down the hall slowly, feeling that her eyes had tears already in them. She wiped them before walking out to the waiting room. There were a few people here and there, reading magazines, on their cellphones, even some small children playing with toys. Rosita had been at the front desk, on her phone. Her hair was still in a ponytail, as she scrolled on her phone. Andrea walked over to her, leaning over the desk. Rosita looked up from her phone.

"What?" She asked, seemingly annoyed.

Andrea sighed. "You seen that cop?" She asked quietly.

"You lost your own patient?" Rosita rolled her eyes, still chewing gum.

"No. The other cop." Andrea said, agitated. "Kind of tall, brown eyes?"

Rosita nodded. "Shane."

"You guys know each other?" Andrea asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rosita nodded. "Oh yeah." She said, looking back down at her phone, trying to hide a smirk. 

Andrea rolled her eyes. "Where is he?"

She looked up from her phone, pointing toward the other side of the waiting room. Andrea gave her a nod before walking over to the waiting room. It was white. White walls, ceilings, chairs, the whole works. She saw Shane sitting in one of the chairs, lost in thought. She walked in front of him, and smiled a bit. He looked up at her, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Hi.." She said quietly, looking at him. "We met briefly."

He stood up, nodding. "Yeah." He stuck out his hand for her to shake. "Shane."

She nodded, shaking it. "Andrea."

He nodded at her, needing answers to the questions that had filled his mind. "Is he alive?"

She nodded at him. "Barely.. well, he is alive. He's stable. He's in a coma, but.." She paused. "We don't know when he's gonna wake up."

Shane nodded, looking down. "That's.. good, right?" He asked, unsure what to think of it all.

Andrea half nodded. "I.. suppose.." Andrea sighed, looking into his eyes. "Lori wanted me to to ask if you would go to the school and get Carl."

Shane nodded at Lori's request. "Of course, uh yeah." Shane said as he looked at the door.