Chapter 19- You Could Disapear

I woke up in my bed the next morning, having pulled myself out of the puddle that I'd created from my wet body collapsing on the floor last night. It didn't take much to pull on a dress, and as uncharacteristic as it was of me to wear one, it was all I had the energy for. It was only a basic dark yellow cotton fabric that fell just above the knees, but it's sweetheart neckline wasn't to revealing, and the long sleeves felt like a security blanket in contrast to the open bottom. It was a warm day, but I pulled on my warn denim jacket anyways sliding into a pair of vans. It hadn't been worth it as I walked out of the house, so I skipped the makeup, and threw my knotted hair into a tight bun, just to get it off of my face. It was only Wednesday, yet everything had went to hell three days into the week. Coach had texted me on the walk to school asking if I was ok, and excusing me from practice if I needed time to be alone. I politely declined, promising to be to practice today.

I arrived to school a few minutes early, and almost immediately run into Maddie. She looked shocked at my bare legs, and slammed her locker to follow along side of me

"Shit Sam, is everything OK? You're in a dress, incase you didn't notice." She had an edge of concern mixed into the teasing tone of her voice.

"No, I mean, yeah, I'm fine. It's just- we'll Maddie I have a sister. I didn't say anything because she lives in Philly, but she's sick, and they think she's going to die." I stop short of my own locker, and gauge her reaction.

"Oh... my god. Shit Sam why did you keep that all bottled up? I can't even imagine how hard that is. Is your dad home?" All of her joking is gone, her face replaced with a grim sadness.

"No, he left last night to be with Bev. They don't think she'll make it through the winter, so he'll be with her for at least the next few weeks, and then we'll see where to go from there." I let the tears pool in my eyes then. I really am not a crier, but I wasn't ashamed to cry over my baby sister.

"Fuck, want me to stay over? It's not like I'm worried about missing first hour." She offed, the smile usually on her lips returning.

"That's well sweet Maddie but I think I just need sometime alone. How about Friday, ey? Unless you have other plans."

"No, Fridays great. Buuut there is a party Friday if you feel up for it." Dear god, not a high school party.

"Um, perhaps. Parties aren't really my scene." We arrived at our home room door, and Maddie grabbed my elbow lightly.

"I won't force you, but think about it. It'll be a good way to clear your mind." Yeah right mate, doubt it.

"I'll think about it, but no promises." She nodded excitedly and we took out seats.

The day passed by with out much commotion, I think the bad mood I'd been in yesterday mixed with today's somber attitude caused everyone to continue avoiding stepping on my toes. It was well good with me, but when football rolled around I wasn't prepared to step onto the pitch. I reckon I wasted the first 10 minutes of practice parked on of the many cement benches in the locker room, fiddling with the laces on my football boots. The door to the locker room slammed open and heavy foot steps came around the corner. I don't think I was entirely shocked when I saw Harvey standing only a few feet away from me. He looked irritated, but that might have just been his face.

"Who do you think you are?" His voice was rough against my ears, but I fed into his game.

"Last time I checked I was Sam. Who are you?" I dead panned.

"Stop fucking around Samantha, you don't get to skip practice because you're on your period." What the hell was it with guys and periods. Oh, and Samatha? Ok dad- since when did he call me by my first name.

"I'm glad you think that periods have anything to do with why I'm not on the field, asshole."

"If it didn't, you're dumbass wouldn't be in here, it'd be out there with the rest of us." His arms where crossed now, and he looked serious.

"Genuinely, fuck off. If I wasn't going to practice today I wouldn't be here at all, so feel free to see yourself out of the lady's room." Translation; get out before I take my anger out on you.

"If you aren't out on that field in one minute I will carry you out onto it. That's a promise, since you're not responsible enough to get out there yourself." And with that, he walks out the door, letting it slam shut behind him.

"Oh like hell you will." I mutter to myself. Angrily, I tie up my laces and throw my kit into a locker, pacing back and forth down the small isle, rage bubbling in my gut. That stupid motherfucker really don't know how to keep his hands to himself, and I promise you he won't be able to walk tomorrow if he lays a hand on me again. I pop my wireless headphones in, blasting my hype music playlist, the first song being 'DNA' by Kendrick, and jump up and down a few times, psyching myself up. When I finally felt ready to go after not too long, I walk towards the door, but before I can open it, I was airborne, over none other than Harvey's shoulder and we were moving.

"Put me the bloody hell down you  massive twat." He doesn't say a word as he marches towards the pitch, my hair, which I hadn't even put back up after taking it down from its ratty bun nearly dragged on the lush green grass. He gripped the backs of my thighs with both hands, only allowing my arms to move. Seeing as my face is to the back of him, I make good on my promise. I warp my arms around his waist, and without another thought I wack my fist as hard as I can into his crotch. With out fail he crouches down, slightly, grunting out of pure pain, and I, with one less hand on my legs (the other grabbing his wounded area), kick out sticking my arms out, and roll into a summersault. I pop back up behind him, and sweep his legs out from under him with a solid kick to the ankles. Since he was already off balance, he fell forward like a rag doll, groaning even harder as he lands face first onto the ground.

"I said not to touch me, asshole. Didn't your mum ever teach you that no means no?" And with that, I stepped around his body and stalked towards the rest of the team, who had stopped to watch the action.

"If anyone else wants to fuck with me today, I will gladly give you the same treatment as Harvey. Now, quit staring and get back to work." There was a shuffling and drills began to run again, boys chattering about the threat to themselves. Today just was not my day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello everyone, welcome back to my story. I haven't written any part of this book in over two years, but I really want to finish it. I'm pretty determined too, and hopefully I've grown since I was 16 (I'm 19 now), and my writing style seems more mature. There will defiantly will still be inconsistencies in uploading, but this book will get finished this year. Thanks for sticking with me, you rock

xx- Bailey