Concussion

A/N: Hey, everyone! Looks like we've "finally" (lol) made it to our last 2 chapters. I'm so excited for you guys to read them. I've had this ending planned out since chapter 7! I really really hope you like it and please comment when you finish! Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times over. I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy it!

"There." Alice said as she sweetly guided Elizabeth to her bed. She helped her lay her head on her pillow as she handed her the bag of frozen peas she took with her up the stairs. "Hold that where it hurts most." She watched Betty, feeling a bit uneasy seeing her so confused and out of it. "Maybe I should take you to the hospital."

"What? Mom, no. I'll be fine."

"Betty, sweetie. You lost your memory. And from what Chic said, it sounds as if you may have hit your head really hard. You could have a concussion." Alice rested her hand upon Betty's knee, sitting on the edge of the bed beside her. "How many fingers am I holding up?" Alice held up both her index and middle finger, waiting for a response. When Betty refused to answer, she picked up her cell phone, googling other signs of a concussion.

"Ma, I won't have a concussion. I think I just need some best." The sixteen year old forced some of her words out with difficulty.

"What was that?" Alice asked her to repeat.

"Mm..." Betty held the frozen peas on the right side of her head and closed her eyes.

"Betty! Betty, no!" Alice stood, tapping her daughter on the hip. "Don't go to sleep. I'm taking you to the hospital. Come on!"

Elizabeth groaned. "I just want sleeeep." She whined, slurring her words once again.

"No. Your pupils are dilated and you sound as drunk as Captain Morgan. Let's go." After quickly locking her phone and setting it in her pocket, she carefully took her youngest by the arm and slowly pulled her up in the bed. She guided Betty's arm around her shoulder and led her to the staircase. "I swear to God, that boy is gonna get it." She mumbled to herself when they made it to the top of the stairs, heading down the first step with caution.

"Mom?" Chic's shaky voice sounded when they were halfway down.

"Charles!" The journalist spoke as she held most of Betty's weight, almost to the bottom step. "I don't wanna hear a sob story right now. I'm-"

"Alice..." A familiar voice rang out.

Both Betty and Alice looked up to see it. Him. The man in the black hood. They both stopped moving immediately, leaving themselves on the last step. Frozen as they saw the man whose hand held a gun, pointed at poor Chic, still alone and afraid in his corner. Alice quickly looked to Elizabeth beside her with shock before turning her attention back to the hooded figure. She was wrong. The whole time. She was wrong. Chic wasn't the Black Hood. But she knew. She knew exactly who it was the moment she heard him.

Alice scoffed before letting out a laugh with a shake of her head. "Hal Cooper." She clicked her tongue before she finally stopped shaking her head. "It was you. This whole time. And it was you." She nodded. "I've gotta hand it to you, Harold. I really never thought you'd be the murdering type."

"It's not murder!" He yelled, yanking the hood off his head and letting it fall to the floor. "It's justice!"

"Justice?!" Betty finally spoke up through the massive pain in her head. "Dad, you killed Miss Grundy. You almost killed Mr. Andrews. I thought he was your friend."

"Fred Andrews? My friend?" Hal laughed. "Psh! I don't have any friends."

"Well, at least you're finally admitting it to yourself." Alice sneered. "Why, Hal? Why all of this?"