Chapter 24

Rylee and I walked into our first class of the morning with Mrs. Cooper and sat down at our seats in the back of the room. Mrs.Cooper was quietly writting things on the board and didnt say anything when some of the girls across the room busted out laughing. Rylee and I looked up at them and they where staring at us wispering.

"Take a picture it'll last longer!" I yelled at them.

They all turned around and started wispering again, They started laughing and giggling when Beck and Chase walked in. The girls waved them over but their eyes where glued to us as they sat down. The girls obivously didnt know Beck and I were going out. Before Beck sat down he bent over to wisper sometihng to me.

  "Should you tell them or should I?" He asked me.

I looked at him, "Why dont you just kiss me?"

  "That could work,' He replied smiling.

It wasnt a big romantic kiss but it shut the girls up for the rest of class. Beck sat down beside me and put his arm around my waist in full view of the other girls. I smiled and looked at Mrs. Cooper who was starting class.

  "Okay all you hooligans I was planning to give you a pop quiz, but I've changed my mind. I know that usually in my class we have boring lessons, but I figure with your good, ahrd work you did last week even during the killings that you deserve some free time. So, if you want you may go outside on the lawn and 'hang' as you kids like to call it. So, line up and go," She said dismissing us.

   We all stood up and filed out the classroom door to go outside. Beck and I were holding hands the whole time and I could tell that Rylee was nervous about being beside Chase. I smiled at her to encourage her to not be nervous. Chase didnt seem to notice anything, so Rylee calmed down.

   "Did you notice how those girls where staring at you this morning? It was really disturbing," I said quietly to Beck as we sat down on the grass.

  "How would I notice?" He asked me as I sat down on his lap.

"How could you not notice?" I said leaning up against him.

   He put his arm around me to hold me there.

"Becuase my thoughts and eyes where already occupied by someone. Lia, you shouldnt ever have to be jealous of any girl. You are the only girl for me, ever. No one can take your place....literally," He said kissing my cheek.

  I smiled, " Thanks, Beck. I never thought it would be like this between us. We've always been best friends, but I never thought we would get this far."

  "There is something I should explain since your...you know...a werewolf. When a female wolf turns seventeen she must find a mate. The male can already feel the conections between whoever is destined to be his mate. It's a feeling like no other. She makes you feel weightless, you would do anything for her. You would care for her like she was glass, and love her till the end of time. The female doesnt feel anything except a little pull towards someone, until she turns seventeen. Until then she just has to wait for someone to love her like they're supposed to," Beck explained.

  I looked at him, "You say it like you know the feeling."

   "If your assuming that I've already mated the answer is no, I havent. If I had you would know," He replied.

  "So, when I turn seventeen I probably won't get to be with you? Well that's depressing," I said looking out over the yard.

  Chase was throwing the football with some other guys and Rylee had her nose buried in her physics book. Well it was depressing that sometime in hte future I wouldnt be with Beck. He laughed as he thought over what he said.

  "Whats so funny?" I asked him.

"You. Do you honestly not feel anything yet?"

   "You said I wasnt going to feel anything until I turn seventeen," I said staring at him as I slid off his lap.

 "No, not anything strong. But you are supposed to feel some sort of pull," He said looking back at me.

   Now that he mentioned it I was starting to feel a pull. Butr it was towards him.

"I do feel a pull, but what does that mean?" I asked him

   "Since your close to being seventeen, your mate will start to seek you out. And he'll start to seek you out, but when he does he has to accept you as his mate," Beck said looking away from me.

   "Have you already found your mate?" I asked him quietly.

"I'll find out on your birthday," He said smiling. but he didnt look at me.

   "You think I'm your mate?" I asked him excitedly.

"Its possible," He said looking at me, his grin even wider.

   I scooted back on his lap and leaned back on his chest. His arms circled around me instantly and we sat like there unitl someone interupted us.

  "Beck. Lia," Alec said sitting down in front of us.

We looked up.

  "What are you guys doing here?" I asked him.

Scott, Colby, Derek, Jasper, and Jacob where all also sitting down with us.

  "Just started today. This school is better than our last one," Derek said looking around.

I smiled, "I'm glad you guys are here. Finally I'll be able to hang with someone thats like me."

 "We are at your service, Miss wolf," Scott said punching my shoulder playfully.

"Wait, when did you guys get here? You pretty much appeared out of no where," I asked them.

  "We just got here. So, this is your first period class?" Jasper asked me.

"Yeah, but its not like this everyday. Mrs. Cooper decided to give us a free day. But first period is almost over," I said sighing and closing my eyes.

 By that point I was on the ground leaning back on my elbows, my face in the sun. The bell rang for second period and I sat up. Beck held his hand out for me to stand up. I grabbed it and he pulled me up into a hug. He kissed my cheek and we all walked into school together, out arms around each others shoulders.  I looked over at Alec and laughed at what he was saying. That's when I saw Rylee and Chase looking at all of us with sad eyes.