Chapter 10 The Snake and the Griffin

As Arianna started her sixth month of pregnancy Severus’s attentions became more and more wrapped around the life of his wife and the baby’s that she was carrying. He couldn’t help noticing however that there was a certain witch who was at every turn attempting to come between him and the mother of his unborn children. She never seemed to make it obvious when Arianna was present. But when she was not around him or in the vicinity, he would find that he could not escape.

He didn’t know if Arianna had noticed Professor Morgana Ashwood paying extra attention to him, but he prayed that she had not. Furthermore he prayed that Professor Ashwood wouldn’t go too far. There was nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting but the witch needed to be put in her place fast. His heart belonged to Arianna, and he would never betray her for another woman.

The first not so desirable encounter with Professor Ashwood came on the first Hogsmaid weekend of the month. Arianna had decided to accompany a group of students to Hogsmaid, so that she could do a bit of shopping in the quaint little shops for baby things. Severus stayed back at Hogwarts to watch over the students who were not able to attend the weekend trips.

He strolled down the corridor reading one of his favorite books when he found himself stopped and pressed into a wall by a female body. “What the hell are you doing,” he scowled as he realized who had stopped him?

“Severus, you are an amazing man,” said Morgana sweetly as she pressed her over exposed breasts into his chest. He pushed her away from him and crossed his arms across his chest protectively covering his book.

“I am a married man, so you might as well get those perverse thoughts out of your head now,” he snapped. He turned to walk in the other direction but was again stopped by Morgana, who had seemed to appear out of nowhere in front of him.

“You may be married Severus, but how much sexual pleasure can you possibly get from a woman who is six months pregnant,” she purred?

Severus’s anger grew rapidly. “First off Professor Ashwood, only my family and close friends are allowed to call me by my first name. You will call me Professor Snape. Secondly the sexual habits of my wife and I are none of your business. Thirdly I don’t know what you are thinking and I don’t want to know. I will tell you this now. The only woman that I will ever love is my wife, whom is the mother of my unborn children. That said I want you to get this through your thick head right now. I am not now and will never be available for you. I want you to stay away from me,” he said coldly.

Severus pushed passed her and retreated to the peace and quiet of the dungeons. A few hours later two Hogwarts assigned house elves popped into the sitting room and placed several shopping bags on the floor in front of the sofa nearest the fireplace. Arianna wasn’t far behind with a beaming smile that seemed to cross from one ear to the other. Severus put down his book and arose to greet his wife with a warm hug and a passionate kiss. “You look extremely happy this evening,” he commented as he knelt in front of her.

“How have our children treated you today while not in their fathers presents,” he asked gently rubbing his hands over her very large belly? Arianna laughed as he began to kiss her belly wherever the baby’s kicked.

“Severus you’re so funny. The children were quite active today. They seem to calm down when I sing to them. However everything about you from your voice to your touch makes them very excited,” she said as the twins seemed to do summersaults in her belly.

Severus smiled as he got back up to his feet and led her over to the sofa where the house elves had left the shopping bags. “Did you purchase everything in the shops?”

“No, Severus only what we need. Besides everything in these bags will be divided between our living quarters here, Your home on Spinners End, and my farm in the country,” she said with a smile.