twenty.

The next morning, Zayn was driving back to her hometown. Sure, it was a bit risky. There was the possibility that she wasn't even going to be there. But it was a risk worth taking if it were her.

It was a rather boring drive. Not much to look at besides trees and a road. But he didn't care. He just needed to see her.

The whole night he had been wondering why it took him so long to find it. If he had found it earlier would he and Juliet be together? Or would that have been their last time seeing each other for good?

They were both crazy thoughts.

Once he reached her familiar hometown, he drove to the address of her parents house, which Zayn was surprised he could remember.

Once he had pulled up, he didn't leave his car just get. He stayed inside it. He seemed to be more nervous than he had ever been in his life. Even more nervous than the time he first took Juliet on a date.

Why didn't I plan out what I was going to say? Zayn questioned himself.

After finally working up enough courage, he stepped out of his car and walked up to the doorstep.

Drawing in a shaky breath, Zayn pounded his fist against the wooden door. It didn't take much time for the door to swing open. It wasn't until he realized he was holding his breath until his lungs were screaming to be reunited with oxygen.

He was so surprised to see who opened the door. He was expecting Juliet but instead, it was her mother.

"Karen."

"Zayn."

A silence drifted over the two of them.

"Is Juliet here?" Zayn asked not wanting to wait any longer. Karen's eyes quickly darted from the cement which she was looking at, to his eyes. They looked soft and full of grief.

"You didn't hear?" Karen asked.

"Hear about what?" Zayn also asked, rushed to get the answer.

Karen pulled in a breath and was looking down at the cement again. The suspense of not knowing the answer was absolutely killing Zayn.

"Karen, please tell me."

"Juliet was in a car crash, she died two weeks ago."

A/N

well ouch that hurt to write

IM SO SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER ENDING