Breath By Breath

Puppets eyes bore into her own, but he didn't speak or move. He waited patiently for her to mull it over in her brain. 

She knew she could ask so many, many  things but the only thing she wanted to know, didn't really do much for her; except put her mind at ease. She had come this far, learned so much, she just couldn't stop now, she had to know all of it. 

She threw a glance backwards at Spring Bonnie, but not entirely surprising- he was gone. 

Her shoulders slumped, but she shook the disappointment away, determined not to waste a moment. 

"Puppet. What do I do? What do we do!? Help, please..." Her emotions got the best of her, but she couldn't help it. Here stood somebody that she was sure could help her. But... he seemed so reluctant. 

He watched her and the twinkle left his eye, he looked sad, empty. Just as lost as her. 

"You could run..." he swept a hand towards the outside world, "but if you do this place is gone. It will crumble into dust." 

"What?" She blinked, tears blurring her vision. Outside, the moon shone pure and bright, and the cool air tempted her as it mingled with the stink of the stale air inside. 

She remembered something. "Did you change the room William put me into before? Did you make that field and all that? Did you make Spring Bonnie disappear?" 

He shook his head, "I don't have that kind of time, to explain all that... but yes I did change the room." 

"Why do you want me to run?" She whispered, finding herself scared to know. 

Puppet grimaced and shook his head. 

"I'll tell you what to do." He hesitated, looking angry at himself, but continued, "Go find Chica, Freddy, Foxy, Bonnie. Escape the Pizzeria, and I'll meet you in the field behind here. Don't engage the Toy animatronics. Don't talk to Spring Bonnie, or let him near you. And," he added with some reluctance, "Please don't kill William." 

He fixed her with a serious gaze, "Or you can ignore my words. Run, and don't look back." 

"...but," 

"No." He cut her off sternly, "we don't have time! Choose. Now!" 

She shook her head, and found herself turning towards the doors again. She wanted to leave so badly, to escape. But not at the expense of her friends. 

Would the place really collapse..? 

Probably. This place had powerful secrets, she had experienced some of them herself. 

The moon hung there, watching her. She turned to speak to puppet again, but he was gone, swallowed up into the darkness. Once again leaving her with so many more questions than answers. 

She closed her eyes and remembered, this wasn't reality. Her reality was in the Puppet's box, with William; trapped. 

So many more questions crowded her mind. 

Why did puppet appear here instead of at his box? 

Was she dreaming? 

Why make this place look so foreboding? Did Puppet make it look like this? 

If not... then who did? 

I'm going to stay...  

Her mind whirled beneath the weight of it all, making her stomach sick. 

But it didn't last too long. The walls melted away into cozy blackness, the floors next, and then all the children's pictures, the tables, the stringy banners, the overwhelming smells... the only thing that remained was the chill of the night and a silver moon, hanging over the clouds.