Twenty Eight [The Plan]

Day 3,725

"I know, I know!" You're halfway down the block from Harry when you start defending yourself in a breathless shout, awkwardly weaving in and out of pedestrians until you're hunched over right in front of him with your hands on your thighs and chest heaving with exhaustion, "I know I'm late. I had the entire day off to do all of my errands, but instead I listened to the same song about sixty four times and read half of two different books while standing in my kitchen eating grapes." You pull yourself to standing and cup the back of his neck, frowning at his eyebrow perked into a playfully annoyed arch, "I'm immensely sorry. Can I please have a consolation kiss?"

Harry drags his fingertips up your thighs and over the curve of your ass and hips, his palms suctioning to the small of your back as he tugs your hips closer, "maybe." You gasp in surprise and he breathes out a soft laugh through the tiny crevice of his smile where his front teeth tap his succulent bottom lip, his lips puckering to press against yours with a small gush of sparks inside the lowest part of his belly, "mm... hi. Missed you, baby." You mouth the word 'baby' with an adorable, cheesy grin, folding your mouths together for another kiss and a quick flick of your tongues, "mmm... so, so good to see you. Couldn't sleep without you last night. Breathtaking sunrise... reminded me of you."

It's only been about a day and half since the last time you'd seen each other, but admitting his longing to you feels somehow freeing as if he'd just extracted a giant splinter from deep within his knuckle. His stomach is fluttering like a caged, wild bird at all the unfiltered sweetness oozing from his heart and he hopes that you feel it too, he selfishly hopes that you also ache when he isn't present. He selfishly hopes that he distracts you and consumes your thoughts, makes your chest twinge with languishing and your bed cold when you choose to sleep alone as you had last night.

He isn't the least bit upset that you haven't arrived at the time that you both agreed upon to catch a film. You are aware that Harry finds tardiness extremely irritating and repelling but you do your best to please him, cutting down your usual delay time of twenty minutes in half to just about ten. Harry caught on to your habit early on in your relationship when you showed up late to the museum with an air of familiarity and humility, not bothering to come up with any excuses or sugar coating to sweeten the damage. However he has begun tricking you in the most benign of ways, by fudging the times in which you're supposed to meet by twenty or thirty premature minutes and as far as he can tell, you haven't caught on yet.

"S'amazing to see you, gooey. We'll sleep like angels tonight. We should go in or we'll miss the beginning of the movie, yeah?" The leather of your fitted jacket is cool and crisp against his fingertips as he entrancingly treads them over your arms and shoulders to brush your hair from your face before cradling your neck. He tilts your head with his thumbs and hovers his mouth over yours in a leisurely seduction, the humidity of his breath casting a shadow across your skin as he kisses you again and inhales sharply through his nose at the sensation of your warm lips and chilled nose slotting together perfectly with his.

He draws back and nods, rolling his lips together and fluttering his eyes closed when you kiss his nose and both cheeks, his forehead and then both of his eyelids before planting a hefty kiss on his mouth again. It's indescribable to be doted on after all of this time and in precisely the way he wishes, as if you knew exactly what he needed before he was even aware of it himself. He's so relaxed in your presence with your hands and your lips on him that if he kept his eyes closed for another second, he'd probably fall asleep on your shoulder in the middle of this crowded, busy sidewalk. Harry smiles when he focuses on you, his arms wrapping around your shoulders for a solid and loving hug, "y'know they always drag you with previews. I have a feeling we'll be fine, nov." He tosses an arm around your neck and tugs you close for a kiss to your temple, "come on then, lemme buy you popcorn."