Chapter 2:: Elliot Glore

C H A P T E R     T W O

                                                                                  ELLIOT GLORE

"And this is E Block, the Art Department. You see those lockers there? There, is the first time I got shoved into one. And that pin-up board of the lower years work? That used to be my work before they burned it," I finished my wonderful tour with the last block of the school. I bowed down sarcastically, even though I seriously did deserve a clap for my efforts. The tour had taken nearly the entire lunch, and while the halls were more or less deserted due to everyone being in the canteen, it was still annoying. People may not be guffawing at the freak with the new guy, but I was still missing out on time with Jonathan. And by my phone blowing up every two seconds to the point where I literally think that my shitty £10 device had gone 'fuck it, that's it' and committed suicide, Jonathan wasn't too happy about my lack of appearance either. Chase cocked his head, "You don't like this school, do you?"

"No," I shook my head. "And you shouldn't, either."

Mr. Barret wanted me to give the new guy a tour of the school? I'd give him the tour of his life. By the time I was done, he'd be using all fours to get out of here as fast as he could.

I continued walking.

"This classroom," I pointed a thumb toward the end of the corridor, "Someone burned toast and almost burned the school down. It's not a very safe place-we've had floods from over-use of the sinks, bursts in the pipes...honestly, it's terrible."

Chase blinked. "If it's so terrible, why are you here?"

It was the first time he'd spoke this entire tour. His voice was a stronger, richer English accent; coated with honey and sweet to the ear. It accentuated his attractiveness by a mile.

I slapped his shoulder, "Because education is compulsory, my friend,"

"Sixth form isn't," The handsome devil pointed out and I retracted my hand from his shoulder. He was hot-and not just in the attractive sense. His heat was radiating, alluring yet somehow not stifling.

"Alright smart arse," I pursed my lips.

Not like I could be like 'Oh, well I'm here because I don't really know what to do with my life, nor do I care'.

I told that truth to my parents, only to be met with blank stares as they sat across from me at the mahogany dining table; hands clasped together in disappointment and judgement.

"So, what brings you here then?" I averted the conversation to him, "Hailing Cove isn't even a tourist attraction, never mind the attractor of new citizens,"