CHAPTER 9: WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS NOW

(THE NEXT WEEK....)

(AT ROCKY'S HOUSE..)

(ROCKY) My Mom said called me earlier and told me that we need to have a serious talk about something. I can't imagine what this could be about. Maybe its because I stayed out all night last night hanging with Trevor and Jason. Damn I guess I'll be on punishment for a month...or more.

As I was sitting on the couch watching Black Ink Crew, the front door opened. I guess I'll accept my punishment like a man.

"Hello son."

"Dad????? What are you doing here? We weren't supposed to see you til next week."

"I got all my work done early so I could spend some time with my family."

"If this is about me staying out all night I can explain."

"What?"

"Uhhhhh....scratch that."

"O....K.....Where's your mom? She told me she'd be here by the time I arrived."

"I don't know...maybe she's stuck in traffic."

"Let's be honest when has your mother ever been on time for anything."

"You got a point there."

We both laughed

"I'm gonna go upstairs and put my things away and I'll be back down. Maybe then your mother'll be here. And by the way, where were you last night?"

"Ummmmm....can we talk about that later. I know you're eager to go take a shower and put your things away."

Dad gave me "the look"

"I'll let it go...for now, bit you've got some explaining to do Mister."

"Yes sir."

Dammit!!! Me and my big mouth. He had no clue that I was out and about last night. I definitely going to get grounded now.

About ten minutes later, the door opened. It was Mom

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey Mom."

"Would you be a dear and grab the remaining groceries out of the trunk?"

"Yes ma'am."

I walked to the car and grabbed the five bags that were in the trunk and I closed the trunk down and I went in the house.

I went into the kitchen and I put the bags on the counter.

Mom kissed me on the jaw

"Thanks honey."

"You're welcome Mom."

"Has your father mad it yet?"

"Yeah he's upstairs freshening up."

"Good. I also need to talk to him about signing some insurance forms, but that can wait."

"What is it you really wanted to talk to me about?"

Mom looked at the floor

Dad walked into the kitchen

Dad walked over to Mom and kissed her

"How was your trip my love?"

"Australia was great,but I missed my family. "

I looked at both of them