CHAPTER 2

Jessie's POV

Jessie's POV

Upon arriving at the Cullen house we smelled wet dog and a few different scents most belonging to the Cullens. But the others are unknown to myself and Garrett.

Opening the door to the house we're both greeted by Carlisle and Esme thanking us for coming on such a short notice.

Looking around the living room I notice that there's quite a few vampires and a mutt here along with a child, a vampire child?! Are they sentencing us to death for their mistake?

"We haven't properly met I'm Edward Cullen," motioning to his newborn wife, "this is Bella Cullen, my wife," then motioning to a mutt who's holding an immortal child, "that's Jacob who's a shape shifter and the little girl he's holding is Renesmee, mine and Bella's biological daughter."

Daughter how's that possible?

"We don't fully know how its completely possible only that Bella carried Renesmee when she was human." Edward said answering my thought.

Then why do you need us because it looks like you have enough people here to witness this miracle?

"We asked not only you but as you can see a few other vampires her as well because..."

"Because the Volturi heard of Renesmee and think that she's an immortal child. They are coming here to kill her and possibly us for a mistake made by Irena Denali from the Denali coven. We just need witnesses that their was no crime committed. As you can see Renesmee is living, breathing with a beating heartbeat." Bella finished Edward's sentence.

Hmm, seems like quite the predicament.

I look over to Garrett having a silent conversation, one that Edward can't follow due to this one being one as they look into each other's eyes reading the emotions held there.

Both nod once facing the family in need, "Okay, we'll stay." Garrett.

"For now." I said walking away ignoring the other vampires and mutt in the house. As Garrett stays letting Renesmee touch his face.

Garrett's POV

I stand up after Renesmee showed me her story smiling down at her as I stand to address Edward and Bella.

"I apologize. She's not that trusting, hopefully she'll warm up to everyone soon." Garrett looking at the door where Jessie walked out of.

"Are you guys..." Bella asked curious about the pair.

"No, best friends. I'm one of the few people on this world that she trusts besides Emmett and Rosalie."