THREE DAYS ; GIRL FRIENDS.

GIRL FRIENDS

I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss you lips.

❞

Jenelle's first instinct whenever she's with Ruthai is to just reach out and . . . touch her. Tug on Ruthai's sleeves, run her fingers over her collar, and link their arms as they walk side-by-side. Place her hand on Ruthai's knee while they drive to school when the weather is too cold for a leisurely walk.

It isn't something Jenelle thinks much of, always having known that she's a touchy-feely person by nature. Though admittedly, Ruthai is the first person she's being this affectionate with. Maybe it's because she often had ulterior motives when she did so with others in the past, but with Ruthai, that isn't the case at all. Besides, Ruthai never seems to mind, so Jenelle isn't worried that her affectionate nature might be suffocating.

So while they're walking down the school's parking lot, Jenelle loops their arms together and places her free hand on Ruthai's forearm, lightly scratching at the soft fabric of Ruthai's flannel shirt as she rants about her high-strung Trigonometry teacher.

❝And then he said, ❛if you're not going to solve it the way I showed you, then don't come to my class❜,❞ Jenelle huffs, and Ruthai laughs and kicks at the pavement. ❝I mean seriously, what's the use of the other methods, then?❞ She removes her hand from its place on her friend's arm as she signs along to what she says.

❝He does sound like a piece of work,❞ Ruthai agrees, her hands going up to mimic her words in Sign as she does so.

❝That is the understatement of the century.❞

❝Speaking of Trigonometry, our teacher is an absolute bore,❞ Ruthai says with a shake of her head. ❝I swear, she's like the living, female version of Professor Binns or something.❞ She slowed down as she talked so that she could finger spell the name, Jenelle waiting patiently as the girl beside her finished her sentence before letting out a short, airy breath of laughter.

❝Oh my God,❞ Jenelle gasps, eyes widening in shock. ❝Did my Ruthai Huynh just insult a teacher? And referenced Harry Potter while doing it, too?❞

Ruthai shrugs, a wide grin on her face as she bumps their shoulders together. ❝Hey, I'm just saying what it is. And you try being in her class. Let's see if you don't fall asleep the moment she starts talking.❞

❝I'd really rather not, thank you very much,❞ Jenelle sniffs, huddling closer to Ruthai for warmth as a particularly chilly wind blows past them. ❝Boring people aren't my thing.❞