Chapter 1

You see the good in me, the bad in me, the crazy in me. And here you are, still completely sane.

                                                                                                                                                                     ~Not The Same

Eliza's P.O.V.

"Wake up,Ellie! You overslept." Came a voice, humming from down the stairs of my shared apartment. I groaned and stood up, stretching and wearing my glasses. I lazily shuffled down the stairs into the kitchen, where my best friend Daniel is preparing breakfast.

"Jesus Christ Ellie, did someone murder you in your sleep? You look so dang awful." Daniel stifled a laugh, handing me the eggs and bacon.

"Hardy har har." I rolled my eyes and wolfed down my breakfast. Daniel stared disapprovingly at me. He waved the wooden spoon around and said "Hey, don't forget your wallet and resume. Now if you don't get ready soon you'll be late for your interview."

"Yes moooom." I groaned before walking back up the stairs, getting ready. Daniel sighed, before he took notice of his phone buzzing.

"Ah, yes. Mr. Oakland. You're about to discuss the matter at hand, are you not?" His voice hardened, brows furrowed.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I looked into the mirror wearily. Is this really the best I could do? I stared disapprovingly at my reflection, studying my attire. A simple,white shirt covered by a pastel green jacket, a pair of light,worn down jeans, and some Vans. Meh. It's alright.

I walked out the bathroom, before quickly tying my hazel hair to a tight bun. I skipped some stairs on the way down and quickly hugged Daniel, who was still wearing the 'kiss the master chef' apron I got for him on his birthday last March.

"Bye mother chicke-- I mean Danny! I'll see ya later!" I gave a mock salute,before rushing out the door with my equipment. Daniel sighed again before smiling at the retreating figure, heading up the stairs as well.

I quickly got into my car and started the engine, driving as fast as I could towards my destination.

__________________________________________________________________________________

It's okay Ellie, you can do this. I took a deep breath before entering the building, scared and nervous. I walked up to the reception desk before the girl in the seat took notice of me.

"Hello, are you here for the repair? The bathroom is clogged in the fourth floor and we really need it fixed pronto." She smiled sharply, eyeing me down with her cold stare.