Chapter 2

Sometimes I can't help but hate you. Whenever I'm sad, you make me laugh. Whenever I feel like the whole world's against me, you stay by my side. But... What if you're not there anymore? Who would be the shoulder of I don't experience the world of sadness, when you clearly drive it away?

~Not The Same

Eliza's P.O.V.

"So... You want to be a game designer? And you are willing to fill in the role of the art of our new game,are you not?" A middle-aged man, probably in his forties, ask irritably.

"Yes,sir. I am willing to cooperate my art style in the game mechanics and such." I nod my head, trying to keep my voice from cracking.

"You do have an excellent resume, tell me, of all game-developer companies, why the Oakland Industries?" Another man, now younger, who was shuffling my resume asks.

"I have been recommended of it from a friend of mine. It seemed like an interesting company to work with." I say, which wasn't exactly a truth, nor a lie. How I really found out about it was by Daniel, who kept on complaining of them for some odd reason.

"That is a different answer from the rehearsed ones we always here... John? Oliver?" A man accompanied them, sitting beside the guys who were interviewing me. They begin discussing in a hushed tone before looking back at me.

"Ms. Walker, you have left quite an impression on us. Very well. Please await our response in email, and if you get the job, we assume that there would be no delays. The middle-aged man's eyes flashed dangerously, as if daring me to defy his orders.

"Y-Yes Sir." My voice cracked. I stood, and left for the door in a rush.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Phew! That was honestly more frightening than my graduation day speech. I sighed in relief, brisk walking towards my car. With a press on my keys, The car unlocked and I quickly got inside.

Brr! Brr! The start of the engine relaxed me, knowing that nobody can bother me in the car for now. I drove out of the parking lot and headed straight, driving as fast as I could.

The scenery changed from big buildings, to a more peaceful background. There were high schools and colleges a few blocks away, more houses and friendly people, and a cafe where I can drown all of my problems in.

I slowly backed up my car at the parking, getting out and locking the doors. My backpack in hand, I head inside.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Mornin-- Afternoon darlin'! What can I get'cha?" A woman around my age greeted me, and I waved back, getting comfortable in my seat at the cafe.

"Good afternoon, Zoey. I came here to get the usual." I rubbed my hand at the nape of my neck, a bit flustered at the interview.

"Got'cha! The Plate Special?" She asks, double checking and eyeing me. I nodded, taking a look at my surroundings before asking, "Hey, Zoey, is Daniel here?" I ask, opening my phone to check for emails.

"Nope, he called in sick this morning, actually." Another voice said, this time having a more higher pitch, and not having the southern drawl Zoey has.

"Well, hello to you too, Seo-Mei." I gave a light laugh, eyeing the Korean girl who was washing the dishes and shining the cups.

"I'm here too! Naku, Ellie, bakit hindi ka pansinin sa akin!" Joey, another employee who works there, shouted from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I have no idea what you just said, Joey." I burst out laughing. This is why I love the cafe. My bestfriends, all of them, work here. Without Daniel, I wouldn't have EVER known them.

"Get back to work, people!" The owner of the cafe, Daniel's aunt, shouts. They all go back to their positions, and Zoey hands me my food, which I stare hungrily at.

"Aya, Ellie, if you're that hungry, then why don't you eat?" Seo-Mei clicks her tongue in disapproval. I quickly take a picture of it on my phone and start digging in.

"I will draw it later,actually!" I grinned, my face full with bits of crumbs from the bread. I take out my sketch pad and star copying the picture, all the while eating my lunch.

About fifteen to thirty minutes later, a ding! Was heard from the entrance of the cafe. A man, in a suit sharply walks to the line. Wait a minute... It's the same man from beside me! The one for the interview! My eyes are wide, although my mouth was still chewing the food.

The man then turned to me, making eye contact. I struggle to swallow my food as he sends me an amused smile, before diverting back to the order. He makes his order and goes to where I sit. I thought he was going to go across but NO! He sat in front of me, in the booth I was occupying myself in.

The man looks at me and says, "What's wrong? You look uncomfortable." Perhaps it's the fact that a total stranger just sat in front of me. I thought in my head. He gave a slight chuckle and my eyes widen. Did he hear my thoughts?! I freaked out, the guy once again smiled and said, "No, you're just saying it out loud."

Oh crap. I grew flustered as he chuckled yet AGAIN. Why does he sound so dang familiar? I couldn't put my chin in it, so I concentrated my attention to the drawing. The guy leaned closer, catching me off guard.

"Work for me"

~The End of Chapter 2~