viii. resolution

viii. resolution

Finally, this is the end. The final stage. The resolution. The resolution is a return to a fresh stasis. The character should at this point of the story be somewhat changed. Abrielle would need to have become wiser and enlightened. And the resolution is where the story being told is finally complete.

The thing is, no story is ever complete. Abrielle's story comes to an end here, but it's not actually complete. Abrielle will live more things. She'll change again later on in life, she'll become even wiser, because let's face it, she hasn't become that much wiser now.

The thing is, any story needs an end. But unless Abrielle gets hit by a bus, it's not the end for her. It's just the end for now.

And her ending for now goes a little bit like this.

"Seriously? You're watching Hannah Montana? Seriously?" she asks Chief who's sprawled on the couch like a lazy cat.

"Yep! I just want Jake to come back and have them live happily ever after," Chief answers, his voice choking up with emotion. Ace is also sitting in the living room but he's surrounded by books and clearly not paying attention to what is on TV. Obviously, he had no say in what is playing.

"And here I was thinking nothing you would do could surprise me again," Abrielle says, shaking her head slowly.

Chief takes a good look at her and smirks. "So, you're on your way to your sexy, sexy date."

Abrielle might have gone the extra mile to look nice. She's actually looking forward to her evening. But she still replies with the automatic, annoyed, "It's not a date"

"It's a date," both boys say in unison.

"It's a poor choice of date, but it's a date never the less," Chief adds.

ABC sighs. She knows she shouldn't push the matter, but she's a glutton for punishment. "What do you have against Kyle?"

"His name is Kyle," Chief taunts.

Abrielle glares at him. "Shut up."

Chief grins. "Kyle is such a basic bitch name."

Abrielle rolls her eyes. "You're an asshole."

"Come on, you know I'm right. Kyle and his yatch friends will take you to a steak dinner while they talk about daddy's stocks and secretly would all rather kiss each other," Chief says, still grinning.

"I'm just waiting for the day you'll come out of the closet because this obsession you have with guys kissing each other is just straight up gay," she answers with a smirk.

"That's because he's still in the closet. Give him a minute," Ace chips in. As always, he's half listening.

"Gay or not, I'm not the one going on a date with a guy named Kyle."

"Christ Chief. His name is Kyle, but he's not a yatch douche. I'm going on a date with a Chinese boy with long tie in a bun hair, geeky glasses and abs perfect to wash clothes on, who happens to be named Kyle. What's the problem with that?" she asks.

"Kyyyyyle."

She could throttle him with her purse, or smother him with a couch cushion.

This would probably be the right time to say something like We've got a message for you from inside the Dollhouse, please go flush your head in a toilet bowl. Instead she utters, "You have so many issues I don't even know where to begin..."

"Start by calling him a racist," Ace chips in.

"I'm not a racist. I'm an ironic humorist. I'm like an American Ricky Gervais. And I'm just making sure to lower ABC's expectation, so when Kyle starts talking about stocks she won't cry," Ace is clearly not listening to his answer so Chief turns back to Abrielle, "You'll think, it's fine, I was ready for this. My date could be worst."

"You're right," she smirked. He walked right into that one. "I could be going on a date with you."

Chief glares. "Ah ha, real funny."

"You can't exactly be judging ABC's date though. Miss Ratatatata from last weekend wasn't exactly the best company," Duncan happily reminds his friend. Miss Ratatatata was how ABC and Ace called Chief's latest conquest, and not the brightest crayon in the box.

"She has hidden qualities," Chief tries to say in her defense.

"As far as I know big tits were never seen as qualities," Abrielle answers, crossing her arms, a smug smile on her lips.

"And they're definitely not hidden," Ace adds, just as pleased with himself.

Chief looks back and forth at his best friends, glares at them. And then pouts and says "Shut up."

That's how you win an argument. With Chief pouting and saying shut up.

Abrielle leaves her roommates behind, shaking her head, still not sure if she should be amused or discouraged.

And that's where we leave our main character. Every story needs love, but that doesn't mean that it needs someone in love. There's a nuance there, and Abrielle is finally starting to figure that out.

____________________________________________

A/N: Here it is. The end of the story. :) Thank you so much for reading it. I hope you enjoyed it. :D