Chapter One

I took her small hand before walking up stairs of the castle. I adjusted the black wig on my head. She stared up at me and slightly blushed. She did this all the time, I looked away. I stepped out onto the stage, looking over the thousands of families that were here. Cheers irrupted as we walked to the center and kissed.

Now this was the most awkward part of my job, kissing my ex. Not a recent ex, but kissing a person who hates your guts can be a challenge. For instance, during a show Sage punched me in my chest and I had to smile through the pain. Work was always like this, fighting, hitting, stuff like that.

Our kiss didn't last long, but I always get a feeling in my stomach as I kiss her. I know it's not a "love connection" because I hate her, flat out hate her. She still can't get over what happened when we were thirteen.

We stood in line with all the other actors and actresses, not saying a thing to each other. I only have to see her three times a week; rehearsal, the show, and meet-and-greets. The last group went off and we all did a huge bow and walked off stage. As soon as we stepped backstage Sage stomped away from me, typical. I headed to my dressing area. I noticed Cory with his shirt off talking to someone.

Cory plays Aladdin which gives him an excuse to take his shirt off every ten seconds.

"Hey Cory." I mumbled.

"Eric my man!" he shouted/laughed.

"Can you stop calling me Eric, it's Noah."

"Ah, is the prince not happy?" he said in a weird, annoying voice.

I shoved passed him and went behind the curtain. I changed out of my costume and took off my wig, letting my black hair fall in my face (they use a wig to make costume changes quicker). I changed into a Mickey Mouse tank top, shorts, and red converse. I had a hour break, which meant I could go shopping or eat something. But the think that totally blows is, employees can't ride rides, it's the only downside.

I headed towards the pool/snack bar area. I took a seat on one of the chairs and leaned back.

"Excuse me, you're in my spot." a familiar female voice said.

"Get lost Sage, this is my spot." I sneered back at her.

"Well you're sitting on my stuff."

I looked down to realize I sat down on a pink towel, a phone, and a purse. She laughed.

"I was leaving anyway." I mumbled.

I got up and left. I felt as if I had lost a battle and I lost everything. We don't get along, clearly. It was just over some stupid thing in eighth grade I did. I looked at my watch, fifty five minutes to kill at a Disney park, such a hard decision.