Chapter 58

Alex was home safe. She felt better now that her Father was dead. It was now midnight and Alex laid in her bed in between Kayden and Carter.

"You know, now that my Dad is dead and my Mom is in jail for killing him the first time but now he's really dead, she's getting out soon". Alex told Carter.

"What about the guy that's actually dead? Can't she go to jail for that?". Carter asked.

"The way I was told was, there was no body when the cops showed up to the burnt down house. They only knew about a body when I told the police. They say that maybe my Dad hid the body after but without a body there is no case". Alex shrugged.

"Wow. Do you think you'd want a relationship with her?". Carter questioned.

"I don't know. I feel like everything is just so confusing". Alex sighed.

"Well whatever you want to do, I'm here for you". Carter kissed her forehead.

"Aww you think your so slick". Alex chuckled.

They both began to laugh when Alex's phone rang.

"Hello?". Alex frowned.

"Alex! My water broke!". Jordan cried on the phone.

"Oh my god! Where is Nick?!". Alex jumped out of bed.

"He went to New-AUUGGGHHH". Jordan screamed.

Alex winced at the sound.

"Ok I'm on the way!". Alex shouted.

"Don't hang up!". Jordan pleaded.

Alex grabbed her car keys.

"What's happening?!". Carter was getting dressed too.

"Jordan's water broke and Nick is in New York". Alex rushed out the door.

She got in her car and sped to Jordan's house.

"Jordan? Jordan? Are you still there?!". Alex shrieked.

No one answered back.

Alex was worried. She drove faster and arrived to Jordan's house.

She unlocked the door and ran inside.

"Jordan?!". She yelled running around the house.

"Jordan?!". Alex yelled again.

She ran upstairs toward the master bedroom. She turned to the bathroom and Jordan was on the floor  covered in a little blood and sitting in a puddle of water holding a tiny baby girl.

Alex walked over and kneeled right next to her.

"She's beautiful Jj". Alex cooed.

"I know, I was trying to grab my hospital bag and then I felt her coming. And then she came and she started to cry. And I mean a powerful cry. Then she looked at me and stopped crying". Jordan began to cry again.

"Ok we need to get her to the hospital to make sure she's ok". Alex smiled.

She helped Jordan up and wrapped Alaisia in a blanket.

They carefully descended the stairs and Alex grabbed Jordan's hospital bag.

Alex opened the door and Jordan went to the car.

Alex opened the car door and Jordan got in.

"You know Nick always said that I would have her in the car". Jordan chuckled.

Alex laughed even though there were tears coming out of her eyes.

"Are you crying? I should be the one crying. I got a baby attached to me by an umbilical cord. And she's a month early". Jordan sighed.

"I am just so happy for you. You finally get to understand the joys of motherhood". Alex wiped her eyes.

Jordan took Alex's hand.

"Alex, thank you so much for being here for me. Even after all these years. You were here even in my lowest days. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on". Jordan started to cry now.

"Jordan, that's what best friends are for". Alex hugged her.

They arrived at the hospital and Jordan and Alaisia were taken in right away.

"Can you stay with me?". Jordan asked.

"Of course, you were there when I went into labor with Kayden. And you'll probably be there in the future". Alex smiled.

The umbilical cord was cut and Alaisia was taken to make sure she was healthy.

*

The next morning Alaisia was given back. She was a perfectly healthy baby girl. Nick called but Jordan was asleep.

"Hey, her and the baby are ok. Alaisia is bouncing and healthy. She has your eyes. But just try and get here as soon as possible". Alex reported.

"I'm actually in the parking lot. Thanks for taking care of her Alex it means a lot". Nick told her.

"Ok. Well I'll see you when I come down". Alex hung up.

She kissed Jordan's forehead and the baby's cheek.

She left the room and headed downstairs.

Nick met her in the waiting room.

"Hey she's in room 254 but she's asleep. The baby is fine she had her on the bathroom floor but she's ok". Alex reported.

"Wow. Thanks for looking out Alex". Nick pulled her into a hug.

Alex hugged back.

"No problem. As Jordan's best friend and God mother of that beautiful baby, it's sort of my job". Alex smiled.

Nick nodded.

"I'm gonna go see them and thanks again". Nick began to walk toward the elevators.

Alex went to her car and drove home.

She felt happy that Jordan had her baby. She was even excited for all the shopping she could do. But it reminded her of her lost pregnancy which did make her sad. But she knew her and Carter could and would make another baby.