ONE.

Broken

Broken. That is what she is and has always been. From the moment her mom was taken from her, to the moment she aimed a gun at her temples. From the moment she learned that her father was dead, to the moment she swallowed 17 pills to take the pain away. Her mental state is in shambles, but she manages to keep going. Charlie Kingsley. The warrior.
••• ••• •••

She grips the steering wheel, entering the city she thought she would never enter again. Her body tenses as she glances around, the city buildings entering her peripheral and exiting as quick as they came.

"Deep breaths, Char." She reminds herself, inhaling and exhaling slowly. "You can do this. You're doing this for pops."

Familiar faces walk up and down the streets, reminding her of old memories. A smile appears on her face for a short time. It begins to fade as she approaches her old apartment complex. Her breaths transform to short and sharp breaths. Her mind is flooded with the events that went down that night.

•••

There is rapid, hard knocking o her front door. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion. She throws down the towel in her hand and walks over to the door. The knocking continues.

"I'm coming!" She approaches the door, unlocking it. She swings it open to see a tall, muscular man standing in front of her. "Can I help you?" She asks. He pushes past her, his eyes red. Red with anger and red from tears. She is taken aback by his actions. "I don't know who the fuck you are, but you can't just prance up in my apartment like this."

"Really? You wanna talk to me like that? Right now?" His voice booms, his back turned.

"Yeah. The door is right here, motherfucker." She claps back, attitude evident in her voice. He chuckles and turns around to face her.

"Close the door." He demands, walking toward her.

"No. Get the fuck out." She stands her ground, but her hands begin to tremble. He clenches his jaw. His body towers over her small frame. She looks up at him, fear in her brown orbs. "Did I stutter?" He stares back at her, a devious smirk appearing on his face. He pushes the door shut with his right hand, trapping her in. He locks it.

"So you the shorty that took away my little girl from me? You must not know who the fuck I am."  He replies. She avoids his gaze, scared out of her mind.

"I-I-I don't know-I don't know what you're talking about." She stutters. He grabs her chin, forcing her to look at him.

"So you telling me you're not the bitch who took away my babygirl, during school?" He questions, still holding her chin. Her eyes widen slightly. "If you didn't know, I'm Apollo. And nobody fucks with Apollo." He pushes her body against the wall. Tears begin to stream down her eyes as her bottom lip trembles. "I'm going to make your life a living hell. You took away my happiness, I'll take yours." He releases her chin, and punches a hole in the wall a few centimeters away from her head, grunting as he does so. She jumps and begins to sob. Her body slides down the wall until her head lays on her knees. He leaves, leaving her scarred.