Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia- (n.) love of darkness or night; finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness.

"I brought Chinese for dinner!" Ben's voice rang through my tiny apartment.

"Finally! It took you long enough!" I teased as I sat on the floor next to my coffee table where we liked to eat our casual dinners Japanese style.

He cocked his head and took on his signature sassy tone. "Listen, you want to eat or not, 'cause I can just take this sweet and sour chicken-"

"Shut up and give me the chicken, Ben."

Ben laughed and placed my food in front of me while I turned on an episode of The Vampire Diaries that I knew he loved so dearly.

"Mmm Daaaamon." Ben practically moaned into his noodles.

"He's beautiful." I sighed and chomped down on my greasy chicken.

"We need men." Ben stated thoughtfully. "You know, there's a party tonight, we could go. Maybe do some man hunting." he suggested with a hopeful look.

"Go if you want to, but I'm not. You know I hate parties and besides," I blushed as I thought fondly of Harry. "I've got a date later."

Ben dropped his fork and jumped back to give me a shocked look. "What? Nah... Girl! Who with?!"

"Harry..." I smiled, blushing even harder.

"Harry... who?"

"Styles." I mumbled quietly.

"What's that now?" Ben cupped his ear dramatically. "Did you say Sykes? because uh huh, girl, you don't want-"

"No, Ben! Styles." I pronounced more clearly this time.

"Styles. Harry Styles. The Harry Styles?" Ben gaped.

"No, the fake Harry Styles. Yes, the Harry Styles." I taunted him in attempt to make light of the situation.

"Oh, what a lucky girl you are." Ben became lost in thought. "Harry styles... Now that is a fine piece of man..."

"Ben."

"I'd sure like to give him a-"

"Ben!" This time he finally listened and looked at me.

"D'you think he'd go gay for me?"

"Well, I mean, I dunno. I don't think you're really his type." I laughed.

"What do you mean? How could any man resist a milk chocolatey sexy work of art such as I." Ben sat up straighter and flexed slightly to prove his point.

"I guess they don't, I'll just have to keep Harry away from you." I rolled my eyes.

*******************************

"Make good choices!" Ben called to me as I started to head down the stairs outside of our apartments.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry about me!" I smiled and waved back to him.

A chilly September wind gust blew around me and I wrapped my coat tighter around my body as I crossed the street and made my way to the park.

Harry sat casually with his legs spread out at an empty table in the middle of the park.

"Harry Styles." I called to him.

"Delilah Kennedy, what a pleasure it is to see you again." He stood up and smiled broadly at me.

"Ditto." I responded lamely.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" Harry offered me his arm.

"But, it's almost dark."