Home

Chase Taylor's POV

I wake up with my arms wrapped around Kylie my face buried in her hair breathing in the smell I have grown to love, despite her time here in hospital she still smells of her. A smile falls on my lips as I open my eyes and find the clock on the wall, it is 2am and Kylie is sound asleep.

I lay there for what seems like forever taking in every inch of her face, committing each line to memory. I am lost in thought as the door opens and someone slips into the darkness.

"You shouldn't be here Jay, if she wakes you will panic her again" my voice is quite as I whisper my warning.

He sighs quietly as he sits beside the bed directly in my line of view, he looks drained.

"I couldn't stay away much longer Taylor. You have no idea how hard this is for me. She remembers you. How can she forget me?" His tone is bitter as he stares at Kylie lying in my arms.

"I know. I'm sorry man" I sigh softly as I follow his gaze to the girl who means everything to both of us. In that moment I pity him.

"Don't" He stares at me his voice laced with hatred. "I don't need your pity and I don't need your help. She'll remember. I know she will. And when she does she will realise that you are just a big mistake."

I tighten my grip around Kylie taking deep breathes to calm myself, I am not going to let him get to me.

"I spoke to the doctor when she fell asleep Thomson. She might never get her memories back. He said that her brain was damaged and only she can decide what affect that has. If she truly wants to remember then she will." I gaze down at her my voice softening as I speak. "The doc said we can't force her memories, it could make her worse."

"I can't lose her Chase, you can't take her from me again" Jay's voice breaks as he speaks a single tear falling from his eye.

"I'm sorry Jay but the Kylie you knew, she's gone, she doesn't know who you are. She might never remember. You've already lost her. And this time I had nothing to do with it, this isn't on me I didn't take her from you. If you're looking for someone to blame you won't find them here." I shrug my shoulders disregarding him as he stands up silently.

"I'll find a way to bring her back to me" His voice is set with determination as he places his hand on hers for a moment.

My eyes met his as his hand withdraws and he leaves the room silently. Kylie stirs in her sleep her face contorts in pain as a cry escapes her lips. I pull her closer and hum gently kissing her cheek softly.
"I'm here baby. I'll always be here"

Her features relax as she takes a breath and relaxes into my embrace.

"Chase wake up, the doctors here to run my tests" Kylie voice wakes me along with her rapid shaking of my shoulder.

I groan softly opening my eyes to the sunlight streaming in the room it must be around noon. I sit up slowly my eyes darting towards the doctor who has hold of Kylie charts.

"Welcome back Chase, you really should see someone about that snoring" The doctor smiles at me amusement blazing in his eyes.

"I do not snore" My voice is thick with sleep as I give him my best don't mess with me look.

"No, you don't babe, but even if you did I'd still keep you" Kylie smiles at me her green eyes smouldering with affection.

The doctor walks towards Kylie as I get of the bed, he runs test after test questioning Kylie and her memory whilst checking her physical health. An hour and a whole lot of questions later the doctor tucks away his pen with a smile and stands at the end of the bed.

"Well Kylie I'm happy to discharge you. You will need to return for regular check-ups but besides that you have nothing to worry about. Just stay out of the boxing ring" He says with a serious expression.

I look at Kylie who is smiling innocently at the doctor her eyes alight with happiness.

"Don't worry doc I'll stay away" her eyes meet mine and she gives me a small wink.

After thanking the doctor for his help, he leaves the room allowing Kylie to get ready to leave, I walk to the door to follow so she can shower and change but feel her hand on my shoulder holding me in place.

"What's wrong Rhys's?" I turn and meet her fearful gaze.

"Chase I'm 18 now I'm legally an adult, I was living with you before all of this but do you still want that?" her voice wavers with uncertainty as she looks down at her feet.

I stand for a moment in awe of the girl before me, she has no idea how much she means to me. How much I need her. I sigh softly and place my hands on her waist pulling her towards me gently until her body is in line with mine.

"Kylie if these past few months have shown me anything its' that I need you with me. I want you with me." She looks down avoiding my gaze so I tug her chin up gently forcing her to look at me. "I love you Kylie Rhys" I place a tender kiss to her lips as she smiles.

"I love you too Chase" Her arms wrap around my neck as she pulls me in for a kiss.

This isn't a sweet, tender kiss. This is the kind of kiss that sets my soul on fire, electricity pulsing through my veins. I am surrounded by her she clouds my every thought, my every breath. We pull away breathless as I lean my forehead against hers.

Her green eyes alight with happiness as I gaze into them, falling even deeper. She smiles broadly and I can't help the smirk falling on my lips, this amazing girl is mine.

I leave her then to change and when I return half an hour later it is like the past three months have never happened, she looks flawless. Hair perfectly curled, makeup applied like a model and she wears my favourite ripped skinny jeans and red corset top, of course Kylie wouldn't be Kylie without her leather jacket. I walk towards her the jacket in my hands, she has her back to me as I approach and caress her neck softly.

She leans into my touch as I gently bite her collar bone.
"I brought you something babe" She turns towards me with a confused expression, as soon as her eyes meet the jacket in my hand a smile falls on her lips. I hold up the jacket as she slips her arms in and pulls it onto her back. As soon as it is in place I pull her towards me kissing her neck, cheek and lips.

"Let's go home" I smile at her as I hold out my hand. She takes it immediately, interlacing her fingers with mine.

As we leave the hospital hand in hand, smiles on our faces there is only one thought in my mind.

Kylie's coming home.