Chapter Four

Q: Imperium is the Latin word for what English word?
A: Power.

When it came to women, Angel Stone involuntarily adapted three steps of lust.

See.

Feel.

And react.

The girl had been running through his mind all day, all night. He had seen this Adira girl. Such an alluring woman with a beautiful body and eyes that were as lifeless as that of a doll. He had seen her physically but he knew there was more to that. He knew that beneath her clothes there was something there and it stirred something inside of him. He wanted her.

He had felt something too, something he had felt before but different and stronger.

He sipped his tea and bit his upper lip.

Now all that was left, was to react.

The view from their bedroom was stunning

The view from their bedroom was stunning. Sunlight sparkling down on the busy road, the breathtaking view of the florist shop opposite their building and the continuous movement of cars and people that looked like a child's toy on a black carpet made everything look so dreamy.

The sun was such a peaceful sight, Adira thought. And it reminded her of home.

There was only one tree in sight Adira noted as she stood at the top of the block of flats. She and Brenda had rented the sixth room on the second floor, what their money could afford.

The apartment block was quite fancy. It was three stories high and it sat smoothly at the side of a clean acre of land.

Adira stood on the balcony, her shoulders and head repose. She was thinking of him, deliberately so.

She was thinking of him with excitement in her stomach and a smile on her face.

Angel Stone.

Thinking of him and saying his name was like thinking of danger but she couldn't help it. They were like a pair, they were made for each other - he and danger. So if she wanted anything to do with him, she was asking for trouble. Big trouble. And he was her boss too. The boss of all her bosses.

She didn't want anything to do with him but she couldn't stop thinking about him.
It wasn't because he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. That wasn't the only reason. And it wasn't his money nor power. She didn't know what was so special about him that she couldn't keep him out of her head. But there was one thing she knew, she wanted to see him again.

"Adira?" Brenda called from the living room, distracting her from her thoughts.

"I'm here," called Adira. "I'm in the room."

Brenda bounced into the room.

"Jesus Christ of Nazareth!" she exclaimed.

"Why are you calling the name of the Lord in vain?" Adira joked.