Chapter 5

Emma's POV

Jasper, Alice, Edward and myself have this field trip for biology class.

I wouldn't mind ditching it though.

"No. You're not getting out of it that easily especially if I have to go too." Edward said reading my thoughts.

"Yeah. Yeah. Knowledge and all that joy." Rolling my eyes at having to go.

~~~~~

We get out of mine and Edward's Volvo when I stop because I see Bella talking to Mike. Well, more accurately Mike talking to Bella as she ignores him in favor of staring at me.

"So I was wondering of you'd like to go to pr-prom w-with me?" Mike starts strong but stutters his way though scratching the back of his neck.

"Um, I can't go I have this thing out of town in Jacksonville."

"Can't you go another time?"

"None refundable ticket." Bella shifting her backpack on her shoulder so it rested more comfortably.

What does she have to do? Is she really leaving usually humans are ecstatic to go to prom.

I ignore the knowing looks on my siblings faces as I make my way to the bus getting on and taking an empty seat so that Edward can sit beside me.

~~~~~

We get of the bus go inside this greenhouse type of building. As we're all walking I wait wanting to know if she's really leaving and if so for now long?

I let Alice, Jasper walk ahead of me stopping and waiting for Bella as Edward continues to walk forward but not before sending me a knowing grin making me roll my eyes at him.

I hear her. Feel her presence creeping up on me as I easily walk into step with her.

"What's in Jacksonville?"

"How do you know about that?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"You don't answer any of mine, so... you don't even say hi to me."

She wants to play this game okay, I play. "Hi."

"Are you going to tell me how you stopped the van?"

"Yeah. I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can Google it." I reply to her as she looks to me.

"Flordians. That's what's in Jacksonville." I catch her when she slipped making me realize that she is truly accident prone, especially around me.

How am on supposed to protect her if she can't protect herself from her small accidents that she's prone to. Annoyed with my thoughts I snap at her.

"Can you at least watch where you walk?" I didn't need Jasper's power to know that snapping at her the way I did made her a bit upset just by the way her face fell.

"I'm sorry that I'm being rude all the time. I just think it's better this way."
Putting my hands back in my pockets.